+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Should he stay or should he go? WARNING - POLITICAL THREAD!!!!

I noticed a link to a clip of THE Gordon Banks save there. 50 years ago today. It seems like yesterday, what a competition that was ending in the heartbreaking Germany defeat. We would have had black and white TV then but my memories are in colour which is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Is there a shred of confidence left in this government ? made up of statistics ofnumber of tests, ive got the capacity to bake 100 Cornish pastys a day in my kitchen but that's as meaningless, track and trace with no knowing whether it's the government or criminals trying to hack you. mass political protests ignoring social distancing because Boris refuse to sack Cummings. what a mess, what dogs dinner pigs ear they've made of this.
    So people are risking their own lives and those of others because Cummings wasn't sacked? The mind boggles.
    The bloke should be sacked but I wouldn't risk the life of my family etc. because he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    So people are risking their own lives and those of others because Cummings wasn't sacked? The mind boggles.
    Absolutely, definitely, 100%. So are you seriously claiming that not one single person's attitude to obeying the government rules regarding lockdown changed when Cummings ignored them, lied as to his reasons and got away with it?

As you say, the mind boggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Absolutely, definitely, 100%. So are you seriously claiming that not one single person's attitude to obeying the government rules regarding lockdown changed when Cummings ignored them, lied as to his reasons and got away with it?

As you say, the mind boggles.
    I am not claiming anything, only that I would use common sense and avoid getting involved in mass gatherings to avoid the risk of catching the virus and giving it to innocent people no matter what.
    That is why I wouldn't go to the Cheltenham festival.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-06-2020 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Fixed the quote code error

I am not claiming anything, only that I would use common sense and avoid getting involved in mass gatherings to avoid the risk of catching the virus and giving it to innocent people no matter what.
    That is why I wouldn't go to the Cheltenham festival.
    You appeared to be saying that your mind boggled at the suggestion that Cummings compromised lockdown rules for at least some of the public when he flouted the rules and lied as to why. If I've got it wrong and that wasn't what made your mind boggle, you'll have to tell me what did.

You might use common sense, but events have shown that there are plenty who wouldn't. My belief is that half of them thought lockdown was over when Johnson made his pathetic and ambiguous announcement that the advice had changed from "Stay Home" to "Stay Alert", and the other half thought it was over when he refused to sack Cummings.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I noticed a link to a clip of THE Gordon Banks save there. 50 years ago today. It seems like yesterday, what a competition that was ending in the heartbreaking Germany defeat. We would have had black and white TV then but my memories are in colour which is odd.

That must be the only the World Cup finals to feature an ex-pie in an England shirt, though maybe Jack Grealish will become the 2nd in a couple of years time.

I can only think of one player who wore the three lions in a WC finals and went on to play for Notts afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    That must be the only the World Cup finals to feature an ex-pie in an England shirt, though maybe Jack Grealish will become the 2nd in a couple of years time.

I can only think of one player who wore the three lions in a WC finals and went on to play for Notts afterwards.
    From around that time another who wore one lion at a WC and then played for us springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    You appeared to be saying that your mind boggled at the suggestion that Cummings compromised lockdown rules for at least some of the public when he flouted the rules and lied as to why. If I've got it wrong and that wasn't what made your mind boggle, you'll have to tell me what did.

You might use common sense, but events have shown that there are plenty who wouldn't. My belief is that half of them thought lockdown was over when Johnson made his pathetic and ambiguous announcement that the advice had changed from "Stay Home" to "Stay Alert", and the other half thought it was over when he refused to sack Cummings.
    I am not defending the government's ambiguous advice or their stupid actions over Cummings but I would like to think I can make my own mind up about weather it would be safe to congregate in a mass gathering no matter who did or said what. I wonder how many people on that beach in Bournemouth last week refuse to send their kids to school because it isn't safe.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Jeff Astle the ex-pie? Fingers crossed that Grealish gets to play for England!

I am not defending the government's ambiguous advice or their stupid actions over Cummings but I would like to think I can make my own mind up about weather it would be safe to congregate in a mass gathering no matter who did or said what.
    I have no reason to doubt that you personally make decisions based on common sense, but because of items we see on the news on a regular basis it seems that not everyone is blessed with similar common sense. I think the point that maddogslater was making was that because Johnson allowed Cummings to break the rules without punishment it has led to some people doing the same, putting themselves and others at greater risk. That seemed to make your mind boggle, but to me it's perfectly understandable.

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast