+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    NEVER deal with the Hun
    Our record with ex-huns isn't too bad, once they've cleansed themselves. Alex Ferguson, Jim Bett, Alex Willoughby, Jim Forrest, Eoin Jess, Neale Cooper and Ian Ferguson spring to mind.

It's the ones that ruin their careers by going the other way, David Robertson, Steven Wright, Theo Snelders, Alec McLeish, Andy Watson and Ryan Jack that really annoy. Don't think any of them really improved their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Sounds like we are getting the better deal here. Currying favour for signing one of our players?
    Perhaps. It's just not the type of deal we're used to, especially when the other party concerned is them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Sounds like we are getting the better deal here. Currying favour for signing one of our players?
    Succulent lamb curry?

Ross McCrorie will hopefully prove to be a positive signing that may make us money in 18-24 months.

We’re overloaded in midfield though & could easily offload Bryson & still have plenty cover, & he’s probably one of the higher earners too.
    It might free up space for a centre forward.

Ideally a left back too, but given the finances highly unlikely, unless we get one of McKenna or Cosgrove sold.

A massive clear out is essential.
    Christ, someone even said we were missing a dominic ball sort of player.

Things are really really bad if you’re missing a **** like that.

Of course, buying completely useless a’rseholes comes down to the manager.

Looks like we’re stuck with him but it’s got to be the last chance , the very last chance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Ross McCrorie will hopefully prove to be a positive signing that may make us money in 18-24 months.

We’re overloaded in midfield though & could easily offload Bryson & still have plenty cover, & he’s probably one of the higher earners too.
    It might free up space for a centre forward.

Ideally a left back too, but given the finances highly unlikely, unless we get one of McKenna or Cosgrove sold.
    I was hoping Bryson was getting his contract ripped up today.

I take it that’s not going to happen going by Dave Cormacks tweet last night?

What's the point of this transfer? We're up to our oxters in mediocre midfield players, surely the priority should be another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Our record with ex-huns isn't too bad, once they've cleansed themselves. Alex Ferguson, Jim Bett, Alex Willoughby, Jim Forrest, Eoin Jess, Neale Cooper and Ian Ferguson spring to mind.

It's the ones that ruin their careers by going the other way, David Robertson, Steven Wright, Theo Snelders, Alec McLeish, Andy Watson and Ryan Jack that really annoy. Don't think any of them really improved their careers.
    Neale Cooper did technically return to Pittodrie in 1990 but never played any games. Therefore, he most definitely belongs to the latter category and it was Cooper's antics that led to wee Durranty getting a coalie bag off the pitch by Dr Phil Boresma.

Ian Ferguson?? If its the one I'm thinking off then he trained at Pittodrie as a youngster and then went to the Huns but I don't think he belongs in either category.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    By next Summer Cosgrove will only have a year left on his contract so he will definitely be sold by then as we have been burned too many times recently with valuable players just running down their contracts and stringing us along about signing a new contract (Shinnie, the rat, etc). The only way he is not sold by then is if he reverts to the Cosgrove of his first four months and I don't see that happening. We will accept the first offer of £2M plus add ons as was seen with the French offer.

McKenna has a year more than Cosgrove on his contract so there is not the same panic to cash in on him. It will come down to whether he can recover his form of season 18/19 as to whether we get a big enough offer to sell him this season or not. He clearly wants to go by all accounts so I can see us selling him if we get a £3M plus add ons offer this season if he repeats his 19/20 form but if he is back playing better we will still likely hold out for £4M-£5M with panic selling only setting in by Summer 2022.

Our only other player of significant sellable value is Ferguson who is contracted to 2023/24 so absolutely no need to sell him unless we get an over the top offer this season (£5M+)

Some might argue that Lewis has a high sellable value, but I think if that was going to happen it would have been by now. I can't see anyone rushing to pay big money for someone who is almost 33 even allowing for keepers playing longer than outfield players.

The rest of the squad couldn't be sold for much more than the price of a second hand car unfortunately
    I would hope Hernandez will be worth something if we paid 800k for him

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I was hoping Bryson was getting his contract ripped up today.

I take it that’s not going to happen going by Dave Cormacks tweet last night?
    Nope, he said the rumours doing the rounds were nonsense.
    We’d need to pay Bryson off.
    He’ll be one of the top earners too.

Page 50 of 77 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast