+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Wrexham 10.04.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireRed69 View Post
    Oh, and the fact our owners have put in less money than yours!
    Citation needed...

Fishing? Moi?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Looks like you have been successfully fishing!

Before the start of the season, Wrexham were hot favourites for promotion, nobody expected us to push you all the way. Best season for jangling nerves and it still isn't over but it is the hope that kills you.

looks like the heavy investment will pay off for you, including bringing in Foster to save points.
    You are right, it is the hope that kills you! We have had so many false dawns since being down in this league!

You are right, it is the hope that kills you! We have had so many false dawns since being down in this league!
    The most frustrating thing, for both clubs, is that in any other season, 100 points should ensure promotion. There is always the lottery of the playoffs lurking in the background.

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;40259239]I post on Red Passion and the vast majority of Wrexham fans on there are nothing like this arsehole. They've shared the same emotions as us, and have enjoyed the epic battle. Just noticed that this plastic Wrexham fan joined this board back in January, but has only started posting today.

A definite "sing when yer winning"

I have read your posts with interest on Red Passion and not once have you been called an arsehole or plastic. Your posts have been usually somewhere between fair to sycophantic. Unfortunately, only two posters on here have not been aggressive or a pr*ck with my teasing posts so I will console myself with the knowledge that I can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

The most frustrating thing, for both clubs, is that in any other season, 100 points should ensure promotion. There is always the lottery of the playoffs lurking in the background.
    We had 98 points and finished 2nd to Fleetwood after leading for 4 months. Lost to the 6th place team in the play off semis.
    Let's hope we both get out of this bloody league

We had 98 points and finished 2nd to Fleetwood after leading for 4 months. Lost to the 6th place team in the play off semis.
    Let's hope we both get out of this bloody league
    Both clubs have suffered defeat in the playoffs, including the final for us, so I can only echo your sentiments about getting out of this poxy league. It would be a travesty to lose to club over 25 points behind.

Both clubs have suffered defeat in the playoffs, including the final for us, so I can only echo your sentiments about getting out of this poxy league. It would be a travesty to lose to club over 25 points behind.
    I genuinely don't know what to make of this kind of thing...

Should the team use it as motivation to right a wrong? Or does it let self-pity creep in? Everyone knows the rules at the start of the season. The last column in the table (points) doesn't matter at the end of the day, it's the first column (place) that counts. So prove you're better without bleating.

I'm probably for the latter, I don't want to hear about the points difference if you can't prove it when it matters most.

It's Friday night, I know what I'm going to open a footymad account so I can spend the evening posting on another teams message board. Sounds fun.

Whatever floats your boat chap..

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I am really struggling to understand this LW-bashing on here. If anyone on here was offered a 100 points after 43 games, hands would be snapped off without a seconds' hesitation - I don't think this was in anyone's wildest dreams. Hindsight is such a wonderful thing re team selection and if Scott puts the penalty in the opposite corner, we'd all be talking about how much of a chance we are in with winning the league. Fine margins of a freak season.

We were beaten yesterday by a vastly expensively assembled team and we should be proud that we've taken them to the wire as we have.

I'm as nervous as anyone for the playoffs but now isn't the time for bickering, we need to get behind the team for the next (hopefully) 5 games.
    Totally agree with this and more then ever we need to get behind LW and the players for the last 3(5) games with as much vocal support as possible starting today

Langstaff's goalscoring record this season is far superior to Mullin's. That's just a fact. SadShropshireRed can't accept it so goes out of his way to try to belittle Langstaff. Embarrassment to other Wrexham fans.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast