+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    **** that. Paul Cook is tip end.
    Couldn't care less, he's a proven winner that plays an attractive style. In life you'll find the nice guys don't win you very much. Steve Cotterill is a bit of a 'tip end' but we love him after winning us the league. Now is not the time to go for a rookie imo.

I dont think we will be in any rush to replace LW.. Jim O'Brien will be given the task for the foreseeable future.. the players respect him..

I can't see our owners ever going for Paul Cook. His reputation would ensure that.

The pool of candidates won't be huge (no bad thing) as any new coach would have to work without the direct influence on recruitment that is normal at other clubs. I'm going for another left field appointment, someone who has been flying under the ...er... Radar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Couldn't care less, he's a proven winner that plays an attractive style. In life you'll find the nice guys don't win you very much. Steve Cotterill is a bit of a 'tip end' but we love him after winning us the league. Now is not the time to go for a rookie imo.
    It’s like you ignore what the club is about now . The Bros have twice bought in a head coach… on each occasion they went with a rookie. Folk like you struggle with the concept that they want us to develop managers and players so that we eventually sell them on… this will allow us to progress not regress.
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see another unknown. The bros are 2 for 2 in making money not costing money when it’s come to their head coach recruitment.

Paul Cook's teams play very good football, that's for sure. I remember seeing his Wigan team and even though they were up against it (resources wise) in the Championship they were still an attractive and competitive side considering their lack of funds. Karl Robinson's not a bad shout either - another one who believes in good passing football.

That said, nobody would have called the last two appointments of Burchnall and Williams. Our owners have the ability to spot talent in places where other clubs aren't even looking. Another "leftfield" choice wouldn't surprise me (well actually it would, otherwise it wouldn't be "leftfield", but you get what I mean! )

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Paul Cook's teams play very good football, that's for sure. I remember seeing his Wigan team and even though they were up against it (resources wise) in the Championship they were still an attractive and competitive side considering their lack of funds. Karl Robinson's not a bad shout either - another one who believes in good passing football.

That said, nobody would have called the last two appointments of Burchnall and Williams. Our owners have the ability to spot talent in places where other clubs aren't even looking. Another "leftfield" choice wouldn't surprise me (well actually it would, otherwise it wouldn't be "leftfield", but you get what I mean! )
    Karl Robinson favorite for Salford.

It’s like you ignore what the club is about now . The Bros have twice bought in a head coach… on each occasion they went with a rookie. Folk like you struggle with the concept that they want us to develop managers and players so that we eventually sell them on… this will allow us to progress not regress.
    I wouldn’t be surprised to see another unknown. The bros are 2 for 2 in making money not costing money when it’s come to their head coach recruitment.
    I suspect it will be an up and coming coach from the lower leagues who plays the same style of football.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    I suspect it will be an up and coming coach from the lower leagues who plays the same style of football.
    We reputedly went after the "other" Phil Parkinson at Altrincham didn't we? I wonder if the carrot of being a Football League manager would be a factor this time?

I think you need to take a breather and understand what an opinion is. I said 'i would be looking at' those 2. I never said it 's what the owners will do. You don't know me nor have you met me so as for your ridiculous assumption about me the less said about that the better. If i struggled with the concept, why did i back Burchnall so heavily, when the majority wrote him off from day 1?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

Karl Robinson is somebody i can get behind for a number of reasons. He's young enough to say he's not past his best, but old enough to be classed as experienced if you get me. He has a promotion on his CV. He plays attractive football, which fits our philosophy. He's worked as a head coach before. He also used to use data independently to find players, so i'd say he would be on board with our recruitment team. He's also available, and has a proven track record of sticking around at a club. Plenty of reasons to hire him imo.

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast