+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - general election 2019

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    raging, plantar fasciitis is no joke. Had it for years and extremely painful. Touch wood I've rid myself of it; there's a range of orthotic insoles available. I tried several types and have some in every pair of shoes. The other thing I did was to ditch slippers and I always wear trainers around the house.
    Thanks for the thoughts Wendy. Yep, had similar battle for last decade. As well as custom insoles (sorry Kerr, don't know if they were bio degradable), getting good shoes, I've had shockwave therapy which is agony and expensive. But has 80% success at curing the condition. Alas, I am one of the 20%. Daily stretches seems to have the best impact for me. It's better than it was and more manageable.

Good grief whats the world coming. What happened to good old fashioned abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Good grief whats the world coming. What happened to good old fashioned abuse.
    Nobhead. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Nobhead. ;-)
    beat me to it .... you bar steward!

This is more like it. Was getting as cringy as Boris and Jezza being forced to shake hands and promise to be good.

I went vegan in 1997 Kerr apart from 2 years when cheese got the better of me in the early 00s. Was nowt to do with the environment. Don't wear leather obviously but guess we all need to think about alternatives to plastic and non biodegradables. Hard enough to buy good wearing non leather shoes as it is, especially as long term sufferer of plantar fasciitis.

Where did I say I had strong views on the environment by the way? The only thing I can recall is stating my preference for the green party but that is hugely influenced by their commitment to animal welfare that no other party can match. But that's all. I'm well intentioned on global warming, recycle as much as the council will let me but not as up to date as you appear to be on environmental issues. But I don't claim to be do I?
    Your biggest mistake in my opinion rp is attaching a label to yourself
    Good on you for trying to live a lifestyle that at least trys to reduce your negative impact on the planet
    It can't be easy achieving totally neutral impact but as I said good on you for trying
    Just ignore the jibes about footwear etc; totally unnecessary

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    raging, plantar fasciitis is no joke. Had it for years and extremely painful. Touch wood I've rid myself of it; there's a range of orthotic insoles available. I tried several types and have some in every pair of shoes. The other thing I did was to ditch slippers and I always wear trainers around the house.
    It isnt funny at all, I have to throw away all my training shoes and purchase new ones with better supports on the arch, very painful indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Your biggest mistake in my opinion rp is attaching a label to yourself
    Good on you for trying to live a lifestyle that at least trys to reduce your negative impact on the planet
    It can't be easy achieving totally neutral impact but as I said good on you for trying
    Just ignore the jibes about footwear etc; totally unnecessary
    Thanks ex but I don't recall putting a label on myself with the environment. I'm bang average on it and never claimed to be anything else. I only said that I supported the green party above others but that has always been on animal welfare, not the environment. I said once that iwas looking at buying an electric car but was soon shown that there is little evidence that they are a while let better! We've all loads to learn on this, me as much as anyone! And as I say, I've never claimed otherwise. Think it's a couple of mischief makers jumping on my green party support and trying to make the most of it, but not really understand why I support them.

Thanks ex but I don't recall putting a label on myself with the environment. I'm bang average on it and never claimed to be anything else. I only said that I supported the green party above others but that has always been on animal welfare, not the environment. I said once that iwas looking at buying an electric car but was soon shown that there is little evidence that they are a while let better! We've all loads to learn on this, me as much as anyone! And as I say, I've never claimed otherwise. Think it's a couple of mischief makers jumping on my green party support and trying to make the most of it, but not really understand why I support them.
    It's the vegan label I'm referring to rp

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It's the vegan label I'm referring to rp
    Gotcha. But as said I became vegan 20+ years ago and it had nowt to do with the environment. Hey ho.

Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast