+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 new faces at least

The good thing about these signings is that it means we can vary the team & the Bench will be stronger this season.

Just a pity we couldn't keep Hayes or get Christie on a permanent contract, but then that might happen as the season progresses.

I wasn't at Perth but disappointed to hear that Stewart doesn't look fit, the same might be said of May & Maloney but then again it is early days

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Maloney & May would be great but we need to get a centre Half in this week as the European Deadline is Friday.

Another midfielder would be great but its not our priority.

i'm starting to wander what the starting line up will be but suspect we will still play a 4 5 1;

Lewis

Logan (new Centre) Reynolds Shinnie
    Stewart Mclean Tansey Christie May
    Rooney

Maloney on the bench but playing again Celtic instead of Christie.
    McInnes has said a few times that he signed Shinnie to play as a midfielder, he's not going to be our left back except in a real emergency.

3 or 4 more players being hunted for another striker winger and cb 5 out 7 in cant remember that happening since the Turnbull days

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Certainly agree with this need a 1st Choice CB in before Friday .

Then how about McNaughton as backup ? he could do a job RB or CB for a year?
    No offence to McNaughton but signing him would be embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    3 or 4 more players being hunted for another striker winger and cb 5 out 7 in cant remember that happening since the Turnbull days

it will be Maloney, May, a CB & possibly 1 more.

McNaughton; no Thanks as he's passed it

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    it will be Maloney, May, a CB & possibly 1 more.

McNaughton; no Thanks as he's passed it

I'd give McNaughton a year for his experience alone, he could surly pass some of his knowledge/experience on to the boys coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    I'd give McNaughton a year for his experience alone, he could surly pass some of his knowledge/experience on to the boys coming through.
    Isn't that the job of Robson or even Anderson for that matter? Were no a friggin charity! Anyway he would likely want to play regularly. I could see him at Tannadice yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We'll go on the assumption that Maloney & May sign.
    I think it'll be 4-2-3-1 again.

Lewis
    Logan New signing Reynolds Considine
    Tansey Shinnie
    Christie McLean Maloney
    May

Subs: Rogers, O'Connor, Harvie, Rooney, Wright, Stockley, Stewart
    I'd expect that Stewart would start ahead of Maloney.
    I'd also anticipate (as I said before) that if we get May in, we will have an abundance of attacking options and I'd expect Wright to go on loan to get more game time.
    His replacement on the bench is likely to be Frank Ross.

As for CH, (if we get any with Considine, O'Connor and McKenna able to cover there), its not going to be Berkay Dabanli who has returned home following his weeks trial

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Isn't that the job of Robson or even Anderson for that matter? Were no a friggin charity! Anyway he would likely want to play regularly. I could see him at Tannadice yet.
    I think he will probably end up at at one of the Dungdeh teams, but, if we could get him on a one year "play for food" level of contract, would it be that bad a signing?

Experience, versatility, good pro, "smashing to have abut the place" (cliche corner ends) type of guy that would be handy to have in the event of injuries, rotational cover......I suppose it depends if Kev thinks he can still do a week in week out job at a lower team or not.

Shaun Maloney failed medical?....

Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast