+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    they've been merged
    Hahaha no worries, thought I'd gone round the bend there for a minute 😂

nae need for multiple threads on the same subject so its no happening

It's all Wright now

The more this Mackay thing takes off, the more I don't see how his appointment can happen. There's serious division across social media. Not much has been said here, but EF & especially Facebook are completely divided. Some guys saying they won't step foot inside Tannadice if he's our man. Is he really worth the hassle it would cause?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The more this Mackay thing takes off, the more I don't see how his appointment can happen. There's serious division across social media. Not much has been said here, but EF & especially Facebook are completely divided. Some guys saying they won't step foot inside Tannadice if he's our man. Is he really worth the hassle it would cause?
    Well he'll get my full support if he gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Well when I read the thread I checked him out and it says new member with 2 posts. If he was before my time and has come back then apologies, it just seemed an odd thing to do starting a new thread when the other one is fully active, thought it was either someone on the wind up or CL himself 😂
    It looks like Jimmy having not posted for 10 years forgot the rules mate.My replies were in 100% sarcastic mode,FACT.

nae need for multiple threads on the same subject so its no happening
    Fair enough,i'm just relieved that Jimmy is ok.After reading his first post in 2010 i nipped away to make a coffee and it was stane cauld before his 2nd post appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    right slightly controversial here but is anything he's said any worse than what people have read on social media or heard in boozers, some posters on here of old had said worse IMO.

Granted he's in the spotlight due to his position and who he is, yes he shouldn't have said these things but are any of us angels?

The comments on the woman agent, well we've all said worse about women, the racist remarks were out of order but the term chinky is used by most people every weekend where people will say they're getting a chinky for tea, now im not saying its right as its not PC and it is offensive depending on what context it's used in but we've all been guilty of using this term in regards to food.

The comment about the South Korean eating dogs is no different from 50,000 huns signing nakamura ate my dug song, again its not right but hes not the first person to say this kind of thing and wont be the last

he's been through rehab and was even backed by anti-racism campaigners for his SFA appointment

Yes it would raise eyebrows but would it stop me going back, would it f uck. Majority of arabs welcomed back Goodie, need a bit of consistency here IMO
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 28-06-2020 at 08:05 AM.

right slightly controversial here but is anything he's said any worse than what people have read on social media or heard in boozers, some posters on here of old had said worse IMO.

Granted he's in the spotlight due to his position and who he is, yes he shouldn't have said these things but are any of us angels?

The comments on the woman agent, well we've all said worse about women, the racist remarks were out of order but the term chinky is used by most people every weekend where people will say they're getting a chinky for tea, now im not saying its right as its not PC and it could be offense depending on how its used but we've all been guilty of using this term in regards to food.

The comment about the South Korean eating dogs is no different from 50,000 huns signing nakamura ate my dug song, again its not right but hes not the first person to say this kind of thing and wont be the last

he's been through rehab and was even backed by anti-racism campaigners for his SFA appointment

Yes it would raise eyebrows but would it stop me going back, would it f uck. Majority of arabs welcomed back Goodie, need a bit of consistency here IMO
    If this was his first job since his sacking and he had made no attempts to atone for his behaviour etc then rightly questions would be asked. However, he has atoned, he’s done the proper rehab courses, he’s been employed by the SFA ( yes, the actual Association themselves!) and even temporarily been given the Scotland job FFS. I think it’s fair to say his baggage is in the past, he did the crime but has done his time so I really don’t think there is an issue to appointing him now, I really don’t. He certainly ticks the footballing boxes.

No they're possibly not, but Mackay is supposed to a role model. A guy who is in the spotlight. A guy who may well have to manage black or Asian players & work with female members of our staff. The potential leader of our football club who we support and cheer for week in week out is a known racist, ***ist & homophobe.

Page 51 of 172 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)