+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Imminent incomings today?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Billy Sharp can change a game in a 10 minute cameo, George Hirst couldn’t
    He couldn't do that last season when he came on for the Blades and they are a much better team than we are!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Billy Sharp can change a game in a 10 minute cameo, George Hirst couldn’t
    Yes but it will be the other way round now ! Sharpes days are gone Hirst career is just beginning ! belief me !a bit like Jerry Yates development

I see that MT says we will have his response this week and that 6 others are also due to provide their responses as well (link below).
    So potentally there are 7 players due to come in, it is clear from pre-season so far (at least from fans and external commentators) that we desperately need that influx of signings. I think that we are walking a tightrope, once a few players say no then it creates a negative atmosphere around the club, I was hoping the signings of Hall, Morrison and Cafu would have the reverse effect. I think we all know this squad is not fit for the Championship, especially this years league which on paper looks significantly harder. I don't believe that this strikeforce, even with BS will be good enough it needs pace and youth in it. As of today we are not in a good place

https://the72.co.uk/2023/07/20/rothe...ld-united-man/

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I see that MT says we will have his response this week and that 6 others are also due to provide their responses as well (link below).
    So potentally there are 7 players due to come in, it is clear from pre-season so far (at least from fans and external commentators) that we desperately need that influx of signings. I think that we are walking a tightrope, once a few players say no then it creates a negative atmosphere around the club, I was hoping the signings of Hall, Morrison and Cafu would have the reverse effect. I think we all know this squad is not fit for the Championship, especially this years league which on paper looks significantly harder. I don't believe that this strikeforce, even with BS will be good enough it needs pace and youth in it. As of today we are not in a good place

It was a pre season friendly.
    Last season we got hammered by Salford City for 95 minutes and outplayed by Harrogate Town for parts of that match
    There were a lot of junior players on the pitch yesterday and vs Elche

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It was a pre season friendly.
    Last season we got hammered by Salford City for 95 minutes and outplayed by Harrogate Town for parts of that match
    There were a lot of junior players on the pitch yesterday and vs Elche
    Your comment is not relevant to my post, you talk about one friendly i am talking about recruitment and the state of the squad overall????

I think he always stated that we’d probably get five loans in, theyll be late to the party due to Prem behind behind slightly with sending their players out
    Other two are probably the ones that were at the game yesterday

I find it disappointing being this late, they now have to play catch up, i was hoping we’d get points on the board before it settles down and each club know the flaws.
    Still i think the first two games in the league will be a six points to us with a win also in the carabao cup 😀

Your comment is not relevant to my post, you talk about one friendly i am talking about recruitment and the state of the squad overall????
    DM, yes your point was overlooked by flour and you're correct in that, if one or two of these six say no then what?

The bigger picture will become more clear at the end of the week. I for one truly believe MT was looking to sign Brown but he's gone elsewhere. Sharps was a second choice and that situation is like waiting for the Marie Celeste to dock.

Wingers/Wing backs are now a very tall order. Bramhall for all his greyhound pace last night clearly lacked Fergie in front of him. It's the wing and forward slots that I fear may be a let down, then what? It's a wait and see exercise but the more it drags out, the less we'll be ready and the team will be unknown and probably unbalanced, which leaves me to probably choose a bottom three finish in CAM's ''Where will we finish'' competition.

Who is Brown ?

There is only one reason we are not seeing players coming in and that is that other clubs are offering better wages.We have more than ten million with the TV deal and record season ticket sales,plus another 500k for the Yates sell on.Nobody is saying spend massive signing on fees but we have to be backing MT much better so that he can bring in his targeted players.Come on Tony,you've said he's the best manager we've had ,well back him then.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Who is Brown ?
    Jevani Brown that played for Taylor while at Exeter. His court case has finished and he's been fined £5,000 for slapping a woman.

Would we have taken him on with that kind of record? I get the feeling Taylor would have. Not knowing ALL the in and outs of the court case and subsequent assault, the courts found it lenient enough just to fine him.

Playing for Exeter - 70 appearances and 19 goals.

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast