+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 510 of 530 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would agree, however if has has commented that there is nothing in the Gauld story, that would suggest that as he has commented on Gauld and therefore unlikely to be happening I would guess.
    That being the case, I would question where the creativity (GMS aside) and the goals are coming from.
    I see lots of 1-0's, 1-1's this season.
    And GMS is not someone you can rely on for 40-45 games per season - he'll dip.
    That's why I think we needed a winger, as McGinn seems to be made of plasticine now.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That being the case, I would question where the creativity (GMS aside) and the goals are coming from.
    I see lots of 1-0's, 1-1's this season.
    And GMS is not someone you can rely on for 40-45 games per season - he'll dip.
    That's why I think we needed a winger, as McGinn seems to be made of plasticine now.
    I have fewer fears about McGinn's fitness than I have about Wright's. McGinn's never been injury-prone, and maybe his age is catching up with him a little, but Wright seems to play two games and be injured for three, at an affa young age.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 30-08-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    So where are we now in terms of a best 11?

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Gleeson GMS
    Wilson

Anderson
    May
    Ross
    Wright
    Hoban
    Reynolds
    Campbell
    Considine

i wont include Forrester or Cosgrove for obvious reasons.
    Gleeson at no10?!.... nah, if he's playing, it's as one of the "2" in the 4-2-3-1

Lewis
    Hoban Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Wright GMS
    Wilson

Subs; Cerny, Logan, Considine, Gleeson, May, Anderson, Ross

So no Forrester, our £200k signing, in the 18.
    Will he be one of these quick hit failures that DM sells in January?

And that's guesswork regarding Wilson & Lowe.
    Hoban at RB may be a bit controversial too?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney_Scarfer View Post
    Fair enough min but we've only got till the morn's night ti wait onywye to see if we are truly going to be depressed with this transfer window.
    Depressed? Really?

GK, We still have Lews and signed an experienced right back

RB - We still have Logan with Hoban and Ball covering sufficiently when he was oot.
    RCB - Devlin - Superb addition to the squad and justifies getting him in early in preparation for this season. Cover by Hoban
    LCB - McKenna - Continued this season as assured as last season. Looking forward to him coming back. Covered by Hoban / Considine
    LB - Considine - Solid pro, played very well this year, however, we've signed an actual left back. I presume many will be pleased at that. Lowe as cover / replace Considine

Defensive midfield - Shinnie / Gleeson / Ball / Ferguson, all very decent in midfieldwith plenty of coverage

Attacking midfield - GMS / McGinn / Wright / Ferguson / Forrester / Ross - Again plenty of cover and allowance for youth to develop. Anderson and May can also drop in here.
    Some are already complaining about Forrester, but I'll be prepared to give him time / see if he's still recovering from pre-season injury

Striker - Wilson, May, Anderson Cosgrove - Plenty options for 1 spot and potential for game-time to develop Anderson further.

as a squad we seem covered with options around.
    slight more reliance in youth, but that may be because they see they as maturing sufficiently to warrant more gametime.

Is the DNA cash been blown?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I have fewer fears about McGinn's fitness than I have about Wright's. McGinn's never been injury-prone, and maybe his age is catching up with him a little, but Wright seems to play two games and be injured for three, at an affa young age.
    Spot on there min.

Wright seems to be the new Pawlett.

If the Lowe loan was confirmed for the season and not just a couple of months and either Gauld or Christie are unveiled before the end of play tomorrow - regardless of the reliance of loan deals - would be a decent performance in the window.

If that’s it until January - below par and lack of depth in the creative midfield department will be sorely exposed.

If Gauld and Christie are unveiled on permanent deals in the next 32 hours - I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ll be lumping into AberDNA. Unfortunately - think my money’s safe and Wilson’s lack of service will see him follow Lowe back down the road in January.

Come on Stewarty and Dirk - you know it makes sense and will top the headlines of Glasgow ugly sisters out of Europe in the morning.

Each well, I was enthusiastic for a couple of hours. If that's it, we're sadly lacking creativity. Pretty underwhelming window. The 2 big introductions in fees and wages, Forrester and Wilson, meh!

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    They're both made of plasticine.
    McGinn never used to be, but has ever since he returned.

Hence why we are still short in that area....only DM apparently doesn't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Each well, I was enthusiastic for a couple of hours. If that's it, we're sadly lacking creativity. Pretty underwhelming window. The 2 big introductions in fees and wages, Forrester and Wilson, meh!
    At this moment in time, Forrester, our £200k signing, would struggle to make the 18.

Page 510 of 530 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520 ... LastLast