+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Leagie Cup Semis

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Im sorry but your kidding yourself if you think the kick off time has anything to do with poor sales,we argued for a later kick off so i dont buy into that,people aren't going because the football we are playing is cringeworthy at best and most people know we will get hammered by sevco,the way we are playing its inevitable,i can see it being a 3or4 nil job,thats why people aint going
    Agree with this, it's got more to do with WHO we are playing than WHEN we are playing. We've taken 20k to semis before , 4:30 on a Sunday isn't ideal but if we were going well in the league and had won convincingly in the last round , and weren't playing scum then we'd have sold far more . Who in their right mind wants to waste their Sunday and their hard earned being subjected to the usual negative tactics against a horrible club with horrible fans?

Im sorry but your kidding yourself if you think the kick off time has anything to do with poor sales,we argued for a later kick off so i dont buy into that,people aren't going because the football we are playing is cringeworthy at best and most people know we will get hammered by sevco,the way we are playing its inevitable,i can see it being a 3or4 nil job,thats why people aint going
    Really?

Didn’t we sell out our allocation at Tynecastle today?

A lots being made on here about the quality of football we are playing but it’s been poor for the majority of the the last 20 odd years.

In 2016 the same people on here were complaining about the quality of football we were playing and we took 14k to the semi final against Morton,can you tell me why that was?

Spot on. Our record in games like this is pish. Nobody wants to sit through us shit our pants, especially against them.

Our usual for a semi in the Weeg is 10-15, maybe 18-20 max.
    If this was 430 on a Sunday v Hibs, Hearts, whoever, I'd guess we'd be between 15-20.
    The fact it's Sevco and a kick off that means late home on a school night has, for me, knocked 7k off our support.

Yes, sh1teness is a factor, because nobody wants to watch those cancerous antibodies celebrate beating us.

Factor in the fact that the authorities corruption has been more overt than usual this season..... it's like an imperfect storm.

The issue for me is that the scum media feel that we should have a massive collective boner for playing Sevco in a semi.

Well Weegia, if you're looking in tonight, listen up good.

Playing Sevco for the majority of AFC fans does NOT constitute a major "must-see" game.
    A game against them is something to be f u ck ing endured.
    You have to view their disgusting supporters spewing out their illegal, sectarian bile......... unencumbered by law enforcement intervention, you need to thole a corrupt referee and finally, this all takes place in a sh1t hole stadium 150 miles away..........paying over the odds for the privilege.

So, no, this is not a "big must see" encounter, it's a f uc king sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Our usual for a semi in the Weeg is 10-15, maybe 18-20 max.
    If this was 430 on a Sunday v Hibs, Hearts, whoever, I'd guess we'd be between 15-20.
    The fact it's Sevco and a kick off that means late home on a school night has, for me, knocked 7k off our support.

Yes, sh1teness is a factor, because nobody wants to watch those cancerous antibodies celebrate beating us.

Factor in the fact that the authorities corruption has been more overt than usual this season..... it's like an imperfect storm.

The issue for me is that the scum media feel that we should have a massive collective boner for playing Sevco in a semi.

Well Weegia, if you're looking in tonight, listen up good.

Playing Sevco for the majority of AFC fans does NOT constitute a major "must-see" game.
    A game against them is something to be f u ck ing endured.
    You have to view their disgusting supporters spewing out their illegal, sectarian bile......... unencumbered by law enforcement intervention, you need to thole a corrupt referee and finally, this all takes place in a sh1t hole stadium 150 miles away..........paying over the odds for the privilege.

So, no, this is not a "big must see" encounter, it's a f uc king sentence.
    If that’s the case then why is there usually more fans at Pittodrie when we are playing the Huns than say Hibs or Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Really?

Didn’t we sell out our allocation at Tynecastle today?

A lots being made on here about the quality of football we are playing but it’s been poor for the majority of the the last 20 odd years.

In 2016 the same people on here were complaining about the quality of football we were playing and we took 14k to the semi final against Morton,can you tell me why that was?
    How many tickets did we have today? 2000? The thing os we are playing sevco next weekend and we all know what DM's tactics are going to be,like i said 3 or 4 nil defeat

It's not a massive sample size.......they've played, what, five times at the Pitt in their history?

Novelty factor maybe, not. 100% sure as I don't go to those games.

How many tickets did we have today? 2000? The thing os we are playing sevco next weekend and we all know what DM's tactics are going to be,like i said 3 or 4 nil defeat
    Again our highest attendance at home so far in the league was Sevco at home,if your theory of people not going is because it’s Sevco and McInnes tactics why do more fans go to the hun games at home than most other teams?

That’s after last seasons not showing up for big games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If that’s the case then why is there usually more fans at Pittodrie when we are playing the Huns than say Hibs or Hearts?
    Not true. Last season we played hibs then rangers at home back to back and had the same attendance within 100. Same with celtic at home and hearts again within around 100 fans. All those games were not a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    Not true. Last season we played hibs then rangers at home back to back and had the same attendance within 100. Same with celtic at home and hearts again within around 100 fans. All those games were not a sell out.
    I never said any of them were a sell out,I said that there is usually more at the Huns game than there is at Hibs or Hearts.

I would imagine the fact that the Hibs and Huns games had the same attendance because one was played on a Saturday at 3pm and the other was played on a Wednesday night.

http://www.afcheritage.org/Matches/F...9&Squad=Senior

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast