+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owners

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    People seem to think it could well be these:

https://www.octaviangr.com/meet-the-team/
    Just googled the link gumpy , about three down is Craig Jess, I know him , really nice lad .we went to school together. And he is a notts fan .
    Looks like he deservedly is doing well for himself , knew he was in USA doing security of some sort .

Quote Originally Posted by piegonk74 View Post
    Just googled the link gumpy , about three down is Craig Jess, I know him , really nice lad .we went to school together. And he is a notts fan .
    Looks like he deservedly is doing well for himself , knew he was in USA doing security of some sort .
    Thats the ****ers who sponsored Notts before & tried to buy them cheap

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I am not surprised at all it's not done yet. I have worked on a few commercial agreements / contracts over the years and the fact is they take ages, it's lot of toing and foing and based on when both parties are available to meet / talk and then the same with their legal people and that's after you have agreed in principle you want to do something, mine used to take 6 months from start to finish and they weren't buying a football club lol.
    Don't know anything about dealmakers and how financially they should be set up, but to me they just sound like glorified agents trying to make a buck and I can't imagine they sit with loads in the bank.
    Yep. They will be facilitators expecting an agreed percentage of the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Unconvinced. They were previously interested when the Trews bought the Club in 2010. Don't see how they count as a South African consortium.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They were head officed in Nottingham so surely they'd be UK based rather than south African if that was the case? Unless they heard about them from working with Octavian in South Africa?
    Isn't Octavion owned by an Indian bloke from Nottingham?

To be fair, had he taken over instead of Trew, we'd probably be in a much more stable position financially, would he have hired Cotterill and had us win the league, I don't know

Yes I remember that maybe AH said he saw funds for £900 and not £900m his eyesight might be going !!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    People seem to think it could well be these:

https://www.octaviangr.com/meet-the-team/
    This is the bloke who was in the running to buy the club before.

To be fair, had he taken over instead of Trew, we'd probably be in a much more stable position financially, would he have hired Cotterill and had us win the league, I don't know
    I agree. Tho Octavian have done work in South Africa, I can hardly see why that qualifies them as South African? Just reporting on what other peeps across social media are saying. Quite a few are desperately hoping it's this guy.

https://buzzsouthafrica.com/sol-kerz...ile-biography/

They were head officed in Nottingham so surely they'd be UK based rather than south African if that was the case? Unless they heard about them from working with Octavian in South Africa?
    Thats the way to keep them under radar

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast