+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose your next Manager

I think if the new manager isn't announced by Monday we can safely say that the whole thing is an embarrassment. I have a gut feeling Monday will be the announcement with a big press conference at NYS

Hopefully he’s already signed the contract because if they perform this afternoon how they have been he’ll change his mind and I’m not joking with how the powers that be run our club

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    Alan Biggs seems to think it Likely to be Jones.

https://twitter.com/AlanBiggs1/statu...96364948562207
    Alan Biggs suggests that Jones has taken some persuading.Is he presuming that by the delays or does he know? If it's true I'm always sceptical about people who need persuading to do something.In my view,is Jones prepared to manage in League 1 next season if we fail to stay up? If he isn't then it is purely a 27 game project and so the negotiations may have revolved around the January transfer budget.

Jones is the new favourite for the Cambridge job ! Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Alan Biggs suggests that Jones has taken some persuading.Is he presuming that by the delays or does he know? If it's true I'm always sceptical about people who need persuading to do something.In my view,is Jones prepared to manage in League 1 next season if we fail to stay up? If he isn't then it is purely a 27 game project and so the negotiations may have revolved around the January transfer budget.
    Reluctant to be here?

Will fit in well then with most of the squad

latest betting is interesting, Jones still odds on favourite but Evans has dropped from 10/1 to 5/1 and is now ahead of Richardson

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr...therham-united

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    latest betting is interesting, Jones still odds on favourite but Evans has dropped from 10/1 to 5/1 and is now ahead of Richardson

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackr...therham-united
    It is far from interesting and never has been..

I think if the new manager isn't announced by Monday we can safely say that the whole thing is an embarrassment. I have a gut feeling Monday will be the announcement with a big press conference at NYS
    So it's embarrassing if we don't announce it. How would you describe it if we do?

Remember you are perceived as a glass half empty poster.. something positive is coming. I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    So it's embarrassing if we don't announce it. How would you describe it if we do?

Remember you are perceived as a glass half empty poster.. something positive is coming. I can feel it.
    If Jones get the job I will be very happy, he is just what we need. I think it will be very difficult for any manager to keep us up this season, we will need to clear out a lot of MTs awful signings and basically rebuild, very difficult to do in January. I hoped MT would do well, he got us over the line last season, helped by a good start under PW and deserved to be backed in the summer. However I feel that although he spoke well he was out of his depth and the gambles he took with the squad failed, The players are not fit, MT said that himself after just THREE games, injuries haven't helped but it isn't all bad luck. I think we will go down but it is the way we go down that is important, fighting and becoming hard to beat are the backbone of Rotherham at this level and we have lost that. I think Jones will bring that back over the next few months and I think we will do well under him in L1. If the Wilder story is true then perhaps we have to give some leeway to the club for the length of MTs replacement, if it isn't then I don't think we have done great, however we are where we are and now we need to close it out and move forward, Jones appointment would be a good start. Let us hope we can get a result today just to keep the hope there. UTM

If Jones get the job I will be very happy, he is just what we need. I think it will be very difficult for any manager to keep us up this season, we will need to clear out a lot of MTs awful signings and basically rebuild, very difficult to do in January. I hoped MT would do well, he got us over the line last season, helped by a good start under PW and deserved to be backed in the summer. However I feel that although he spoke well he was out of his depth and the gambles he took with the squad failed, The players are not fit, MT said that himself after just THREE games, injuries haven't helped but it isn't all bad luck. I think we will go down but it is the way we go down that is important, fighting and becoming hard to beat are the backbone of Rotherham at this level and we have lost that. I think Jones will bring that back over the next few months and I think we will do well under him in L1. If the Wilder story is true then perhaps we have to give some leeway to the club for the length of MTs replacement, if it isn't then I don't think we have done great, however we are where we are and now we need to close it out and move forward, Jones appointment would be a good start. Let us hope we can get a result today just to keep the hope there. UTM
    Could of stopped after the first sentence.

Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast