+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Maynard now 1/6 to on.
    I’ll be very annoyed and underwhelmed if it’s him and tbh I feel like it’s a step backwards setting on a manager from a MID table national league side who we easily pumped twice last season.
    That is your choice, obviously, but it's probably worth pointing out that people were (very vocally) annoyed and underwhelmed when Ardley was replaced with Burchnall, and when Burchnall was replaced with Williams, and both of those appointments are now commonly accepted as upgrades.

I will be honest and say I know very little about him, but it seems like he must have a bit of nous of he has got a part time club sitting nine or ten places below where we were for most of our time in the NL, with all our resources.

Will he be good? I've no idea. You really need to give managers a while to see what they're about. I hope people give him a chance (whoever it is).

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think the owners have earned the right to have their judgement respected when it comes to a new head coach.

I live near Lincoln, their part time PE teacher didn’t turn out too badly for them.
    Good shout re the Cowley bros. That must have been a bizarre appointment at the time.

Maynard's interview after we battered them 1-6 at their place. Seems like a thoughtful and respectful guy, perhaps similar to LW in that respect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanhrJI3lJ0&t=8s

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    You couldn't be further from the truth about it's my opinion. I know players from the game who have had the "you know who I am" on the field & in management
    Unless you know the players at the club it is absolutely nothing more than your opinion.
    And McGoldrick of all players, if he was that way inclined wouldn’t have joined us in the summer. What could Luke Williams teach him?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Unless you know the players at the club it is absolutely nothing more than your opinion.
    And McGoldrick of all players, if he was that way inclined wouldn’t have joined us in the summer. What could Luke Williams teach him?
    Luke Williams has been a coach pretty much all his adult life. Working his way up from youth coaching to being a manager and then back to being an assistant at championship level. There is a difference between Williams and a telecoms engineer who is a part time coach

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Luke Williams has been a coach pretty much all his adult life. Working his way up from youth coaching to being a manager and then back to being an assistant at championship level. There is a difference between Williams and a telecoms engineer who is a part time coach
    True he has but Maynard has been in coaching for 10 years plus hasnt he ?

Thing is lots of people like Rooney/Lampard get big jobs and they have pretty much zero coaching experience.

Coaching is one thing but you need to be a leader, good communication and man management skills plus LUCK on the way.

I dont think Troy Deeney will get it his comments the other day are basically saying SACK ME.

If we think Maynard is the man then i'll support that but there is nothing really other than a bookie making him a favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think the owners have earned the right to have their judgement respected when it comes to a new head coach.

I live near Lincoln, their part time PE teacher didn’t turn out too badly for them.
    Correct....remember the headline "Arsene who?"

The bloke was ahead of his time at Arsenal but when the likes of a Gerrard/Neville get a job nothimg negative is said about them !

To think an unknown will command no respect is total rubbish. Someone’s kudos like Rooney will last a day or two with players and then it’s what are you going to do for me, are you playing me, are you keeping me engaged with the training and am I going to get better from you so I can advance.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    To think an unknown will command no respect is total rubbish. Someone’s kudos like Rooney will last a day or two with players and then it’s what are you going to do for me, are you playing me, are you keeping me engaged with the training and am I going to get better from you so I can advance.
    Whoever is appointed we shall all get behind him and the team. Still all to play for this season all it takes is a couple of good signings and a good run of form and we could be in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Maynard’s quit his job apparently this morning as a BT engineer according to agent Trev 😂 2pm press conference?

Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast