+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours - summer signings

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Quinn signing would be great. Good that we could go from Quinn Durnan Edge Scobbie to say Murdoch Quinn Scobbie Robson. Competition for places is what brings good performances. Plus with the old reserve league coming back players not starting in the first team will be getting a run-out in that. No more of that Development pish. IMO we'll see more youngsters coming through when they are involved against senior pros in the reserves.
    Phuksake I must've fallen asleep, when was it announced the reserve league was being resurrected?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Phuksake I must've fallen asleep, when was it announced the reserve league was being resurrected?
    You can't now say that this isn't RM's team, it's good that at long last he's no longer responsible for a lot of the duds that he inherited. Next season is huge, let's judge him on the success or failure at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    You can't now say that this isn't RM's team, it's good that at long last he's no longer responsible for a lot of the duds that he inherited. Next season is huge, let's judge him on the success or failure at the end.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Ray didn't say the defence was sorted. A poster on here said the defence was sorted.
    Ah ok mate i thought someone was quoting Ray from the zone,i never thought the defence was sorted either to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    What give's me hope is none of our rivals have set the heather on fire with their signings up to now,ICT getting Baird was a blow as he run's Durnan and Wullie ragged when he play's against them.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    What give's me hope is none of our rivals have set the heather on fire with their signings up to now,ICT getting Baird was a blow as he run's Durnan and Wullie ragged when he play's against them.
    Sure you said St Mirren set the Heather alight with their signings mate

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Sure you said St Mirren set the Heather alight with their signings mate
    No what i said was they had signed 7 when we had signed 2,however i do think that their manager is decent and although some have scoffed at his lower league players recruited i think he know's the bottom tier shop floor better than any other manager in Scotland.I agree with you completely that looking at their signing's there is nothing to fear but that's what i thought when Hartley left Alloa and brought in Bain,Stewart and Hemmings to DFC and we all know how that worked out.
    It is interesting that DFC made the same move for Ross as they did for Hartley,if they had got him i think it could have been the reverse of McLean walking down Tannadice St in 1971,the lesser of the two evil's is they got a pundit instead(Hartley is better)but Jack Ross pits his wits against Ray McKinnon and ST Mirren will in my opinion be dangerous opponent's next season.
    If budgets alone decided the Championship Ray should waltz it but i think Ross working with button's will have his team well organised and playing like the ST Mirren team of the late 70s which you will remember was Tora,Tora,Tora.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Hearing Fyvie and Quinn both to be announced tomorrow.
    I really hope you are right about Fyvie as its got all the hallmarks so far of why he didnt get his contract at Hibs! Not sure about Quinn though, especially if him arriving moves Murdoch back into midfield! I do like the cover aspect of his addition and does this mean that more will be moved out?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I really hope you are right about Fyvie as its got all the hallmarks so far of why he didnt get his contract at Hibs! Not sure about Quinn though, especially if him arriving moves Murdoch back into midfield! I do like the cover aspect of his addition and does this mean that more will be moved out?
    That is exactly what i was worried about mate,Murdoch kept on but as a right back then we go and sign another right back,oh how i long for the days of a Q&A with the manager and chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    No what i said was they had signed 7 when we had signed 2,however i do think that their manager is decent and although some have scoffed at his lower league players recruited i think he know's the bottom tier shop floor better than any other manager in Scotland.I agree with you completely that looking at their signing's there is nothing to fear but that's what i thought when Hartley left Alloa and brought in Bain,Stewart and Hemmings to DFC and we all know how that worked out.
    It is interesting that DFC made the same move for Ross as they did for Hartley,if they had got him i think it could have been the reverse of McLean walking down Tannadice St in 1971,the lesser of the two evil's is they got a pundit instead(Hartley is better)but Jack Ross pits his wits against Ray McKinnon and ST Mirren will in my opinion be dangerous opponent's next season.
    If budgets alone decided the Championship Ray should waltz it but i think Ross working with button's will have his team well organised and playing like the ST Mirren team of the late 70s which you will remember was Tora,Tora,Tora.
    I agree, Ross is a really good coach and will get the best out of his team. Dundee really did miss a trick not getting him imo.

Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)