+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If only
    Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I can't see beyond an up-and-coming coach that hardly anyone's heard of. It's just the way we roll. People reeling off well-known names, most of which are old-school managers who expect to be in charge of recruitment - it's just not going to happen.

If we were after an old-school manager, Pete Wild is the only exciting choice I can think of, but we aren't.

It's a shame Mike Williamson has already been nabbed as he would have been a decent shout.
    Exactly. Some fans opinions as to who they would like is based on everything Notts aren’t at the moment. We simply won’t go established. We want to develop and sell to fund the next player/manager.
    The bookies will reel off a load of old names when in reality it won’t be clear until it’s announced

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Exactly. Some fans opinions as to who they would like is based on everything Notts aren’t at the moment. We simply won’t go established. We want to develop and sell to fund the next player/manager.
    The bookies will reel off a load of old names when in reality it won’t be clear until it’s announced
    Yep it will be a coach who plays possession/attacking football, it’s working in terms of results, entertainment and increased crowds and plus the squad is geared up for that.
    I’m sticking with Stuart Maynard but I probably need to do a bit more research on who else tbf.
    Bit controversial but I imagine LW is also inputting to the process too, well I hope he is as he will have a good knowledge of who is out there.

Some interesting choices of potential replacements for LW.

We have to assume it needs to be someone who will hit the ground running but young enough to develop into a better coach and ensure the owners get a return on their investment.

Stuart Maynard definitely worth considering.

Matt Sadler at Walsall would be another great shout. Only 38 with an upbeat personality. Starting to put a great run of results together but is very much one of Walsall's own so might need to be a very good offer.

Pete Wild at Barrow. Might be a difficult one to get over the line but would IMO be a good fit.

Scott Lyndsey at Crawley. Had a decent season so far but at 51 years old might just be a little too old for the owners.

Rob Elliott at Gateshead is almost a carbon copy of LW playing style.

Have been working on a few left field options with the Analysts Bar lads which would be typical Radar signings from Scotland and oversees but there also a few really good coaches that are either assistant coaches or U23 coaches in the PL that would find Notts a great prospect to further their careers.

Going to be an interesting few weeks and if nothing else we have an excuse now for not going up if Stags and Wrexham do!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Yep it will be a coach who plays possession/attacking football, it’s working in terms of results, entertainment and increased crowds and plus the squad is geared up for that.
    Yep, well said Matt and 78.
    The Bros made 2 appointments that worked, in that both left of their own accord to go up two leagues. The formulas working so they won't deviate from that at all - a possession based, attacking coach, versed in the theory of the modern game, keeping us firmly in that movement
    Us throwing random names out as never been more futile, the bros will go for the trifecta of successful outside the box appointments.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 05-01-2024 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Some interesting choices of potential replacements for LW.

We have to assume it needs to be someone who will hit the ground running but young enough to develop into a better coach and ensure the owners get a return on their investment.

Stuart Maynard definitely worth considering.

Matt Sadler at Walsall would be another great shout. Only 38 with an upbeat personality. Starting to put a great run of results together but is very much one of Walsall's own so might need to be a very good offer.

Pete Wild at Barrow. Might be a difficult one to get over the line but would IMO be a good fit.

Scott Lyndsey at Crawley. Had a decent season so far but at 51 years old might just be a little too old for the owners.

Rob Elliott at Gateshead is almost a carbon copy of LW playing style.

Have been working on a few left field options with the Analysts Bar lads which would be typical Radar signings from Scotland and oversees but there also a few really good coaches that are either assistant coaches or U23 coaches in the PL that would find Notts a great prospect to further their careers.

Going to be an interesting few weeks and if nothing else we have an excuse now for not going up if Stags and Wrexham do!
    Interesting, for me I would probably want a coach who had worked with senior players unless the owners felt there was definitely something special about them, of course they may be the next best thing but it’s a different ball game managing senior players and needing to get results. I guess they can draw out their personalities in the interviews to see if they can lead senior players and that’s what we equally need as much as a top class coach, a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Watching Sky sports news and when it comes to division 2 there is no mention of LW going to Swansea? It seems like a done deal but I would have thought it would be big news. Nothing on the BBC football page either.
    Not a great deal on the Swansea fans forums etc either, they're still discussing it all.

One thing it'll luckily not be from the failed manager merry-go-round like Karl Robinson, thank the lord. Both coached they've brought in have been a set style and left field and I'm happy for that to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I dont think we will be in any rush to replace LW.. Jim O'Brien will be given the task for the foreseeable future.. the players respect him..
    If they do that, we would need another midfielder.

Interesting, for me I would probably want a coach who had worked with senior players unless the owners felt there was definitely something special about them, of course they may be the next best thing but it’s a different ball game managing senior players and needing to get results. I guess they can draw out their personalities in the interviews to see if they can lead senior players and that’s what we equally need as much as a top class coach, a leader.
    I wonder if Jim O'Brien could step in as assistant in that case? Someone the players already know who won't stand for any BS. Might work.

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1211670829?-1875:987

They are getting nervous in Wales

I’m sticking with Stuart Maynard but I probably need to do a bit more research on who else tbf.
    Bit controversial but I imagine LW is also inputting to the process too, well I hope he is as he will have a good knowledge of who is out there.
    I wonder if we'd take another look at the other Phill Parkinson at Alty. He's doing a great job there. The questions would be whether he can step up a level (or hopefully two or three).

Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast