+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 625 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Sorry about taking so long to call you out on this tripe. Are you for real ???

Why are you so surprised that Murty has taken so many points? The Huns have spent a barrelload on players this season and have brought in around six highly paid players since Christmas who would walk into our team.

I'm unhappy with all the chopping and changing and lack of a cutting edge.

However, on balance McInnes does not deserve the sack.

Of course we can't afford to waste that that sort of money with no guarantee of a successor doing any better when it would be far better spent on player recruitment.

We have no divine right to finish above Hibs in third although I think we still will. I also very much doubt if Messrs McGinn and McGeoch will be strutting their stuff in green and white next season and Hibs will be seriously weakened as a result.

I hope player recruitment is better this Summer although if I had been asked whether bringing in May, Arnason, Stewart, Christie ,GMS and McGinn would improve the team I would have said it was no brainer at the time.
    I was highlighting McInnes on his downward spiral. I also believe we can afford to replace him if the club thought that time had come.
    On previous posts I said that Lennon and Clarke would get better results with our players.
    I also like how you say that you are not happy with all the chopping, changing and lack of cutting edge...so do you agree with the tripe i right that we are on a downward spiral or not?

We’ve not had a good season but do folk honestly think McInnes will be punted. Even if we lost tonight then limped to fourth in the league, can it really be considered failure. I’m not a happy clapper by any means but the 90s was what you would call downward spiral to the point of finishing bottom in the year 99/2000, £millions in dept, due mainly to paying off really poor managers.

Anyway, we’ll win tonight

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    We’ve not had a good season but do folk honestly think McInnes will be punted. Even if we lost tonight then limped to fourth in the league, can it really be considered failure. I’m not a happy clapper by any means but the 90s was what you would call downward spiral to the point of finishing bottom in the year 99/2000, £millions in dept, due mainly to paying off really poor managers.

Anyway, we’ll win tonight
    At least we will have a couple of games in Europe to look forward to,
    Seriously though, how many consecutive seasons have we qualified for Europa league now?
    It's getting to the stage that this is expected of us each season, if Derek wants to win back some fans then he has to get us into group stage of EL or win a cup again.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    At least we will have a couple of games in Europe to look forward to,
    Seriously though, how many consecutive seasons have we qualified for Europa league now?
    It's getting to the stage that this is expected of us each season, if Derek wants to win back some fans then he has to get us into group stage of EL or win a cup again.
    Need to qualify first, exiting the cup at the quarter final and coming 4th doesn't get us in

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Need to qualify first, exiting the cup at the quarter final and coming 4th doesn't get us in
    It will if one of the cheeks win the Scottish cup.

I would call it a failure if we get beaten tonight and end up 3rd or 4th in the league.

We have had plenty chances to improve our squad and seem to be going backwards.
    We had our debts paid off and have remained stagnant instead of using that as a stepping stone and spending SOME money on players.loans are no good!

Arnie and mcginn were backward steps.

We havnt progressed whatsover in terms of tactical prowess against either cheeks.

We have a major striker problem ..major midfield problems and 3 defenders needing replaced or logan kicked up the erse!

Its really sad to see the guys in charge have zero ****ing nuts.

IF we finish 4th & don't reach the cup final we will not qualify for Europe as the other European place will go to the beaten finalists & not the 4th placed team.

The 4th placed team only gets in if all the other teams in the cup-final have already qualified for Europe

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    IF we finish 4th & don't reach the cup final we will not qualify for Europe as the other European place will go to the beaten finalists & not the 4th placed team.

The 4th placed team only gets in if all the other teams in the cup-final have already qualified for Europe
    Are you 100% sure about that?
    I thought the SFA changed the rule for Scotland so that the place in Europe went to the league placing as opposed to the losing cup finalist.
    The reason being the co-efficient was getting ruined in the past by the likes of Queen of the South, Gretna, Falkirk in fairly recent times.
    It's up to individual associations how they allocate their European slots.

That all said, I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post

No it isn't, they changed the rules in 2014 so you only qualify for Europe if you win the cup.

It is possible for the Scottish Cup winners to have already qualified for a UEFA competition through their league ranking in the Scottish Premiership. In this scenario the qualification spot passes to the highest ranked team in that competition not yet qualified, rather than to the Scottish Cup runners-up.Until 2014, the Scottish Cup runners-up qualified for European competition if the cup winners had also qualified for the Champions League.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotti..._qualification

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I was highlighting McInnes on his downward spiral. I also believe we can afford to replace him if the club thought that time had come.
    On previous posts I said that Lennon and Clarke would get better results with our players.
    I also like how you say that you are not happy with all the chopping, changing and lack of cutting edge...so do you agree with the tripe i right that we are on a downward spiral or not?
    I think we are on a bad run. I don't think its irreversible.

I am realistic enough to accept that we are unlikely to become the second force in Scottish football again any time soon regardless of a new manager. There are other factors preventing that. A huns team that can outspend us threefold and a resurgent Hibs.

I agree that McInnes would appear to have serious flaws and that Lennon and Clarke are probably better managers. Ironically our record of head to heads against the two of them is better than any other team in the league so make of that what you will. However, I don't see either of them becoming Dons manager anytime soon.

I just don't see the logic in punting a very highly paid reasonably successful manager at great cost to the club thereby seriously affecting our ability to improve the playing squad in the short term in the hope that someone out there is going to do better.

I think we will win tonight and that once May gets a few more games under his belt he will improve. Lets see what happens over the next few weeks we could be pleasantly surprised.

Page 55 of 625 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155555 ... LastLast