+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Update

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I didn’t used to get overly excited about ageing big names signing for us but Vaughan looked a great signing on paper. My Forest mates couldn’t believe it either.
    It just shows how important it is to have players that are still hungry and want to be at the club.
    He was awful. Totally unfit, no desire and could barely play a 5 yard pass.
    And he was a Hardy signing not Nolan, Nolan wanted Karl Henry. TBF he didn’t do anything that season either and couldn’t get a club and you wonder where it all went wrong?
    Last edited by matt_magpie; 04-08-2022 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I didn’t used to get overly excited about ageing big names signing for us but Vaughan looked a great signing on paper. My Forest mates couldn’t believe it either.
    It just shows how important it is to have players that are still hungry and want to be at the club.
    He was awful. Totally unfit, no desire and could barely play a 5 yard pass.
    KTD, Driller that's what I remember, and how I felt at the time.

Even my red dog mates were surprised he dropped down so far, they were very impressed.

In hindsight he was pretty much a disaster, a huge disappointment, a waste of a wage etc probably partly his fault, partly the club's fault. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, the day he signed the fanbase were chuffed and excited about this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    KTD, Driller that's what I remember, and how I felt at the time.

Even my red dog mates were surprised he dropped down so far, they were very impressed.

In hindsight he was pretty much a disaster, a huge disappointment, a waste of a wage etc probably partly his fault, partly the club's fault. But hindsight is a wonderful thing, the day he signed the fanbase were chuffed and excited about this signing.
    I did have doubts overall, Hardy stated we were going to play exciting football which was naive at best when he had a manager that played the complete opposite. It was if he believed Nolan could change overnight and sticking DV in the middle would just meant it would happen. If you look at IB and LW they have been coaching for years on their principles, Nolan looked a great leader but obviously was far too underdeveloped coaching wise.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I did have doubts overall, Hardy stated we were going to play exciting football which was naive at best when he had a manager that played the complete opposite. It was if he believed Nolan could change overnight and sticking DV in the middle would just meant it would happen. If you look at IB and LW they have been coaching for years on their principles, Nolan looked a great leader but obviously was far too underdeveloped coaching wise.
    Yet Nolan is coaching in the Premier League.

Red face

And he was a Hardy signing not Nolan, Nolan wanted Karl Henry. TBF he didn’t do anything that season either and couldn’t get a club and you wonder where it all went wrong?
    I think Nolan wanted Karlsberg not Karl Henry

Yeah I remember this a lot, Nolan was intent on getting Henry, both in the summer and just before his sacking. The word was he had a deal agreed with Henry, and then Hardy sacked him. Kewell then came in and said he didn’t want Henry, as he wanted to ‘lower the age of the squad’ before proceeding to buy Elliott Ward who had barely played football for a year…

The annoying thing was, Karl Henry would have gone some way to helping us but it is what it is now and we move on

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Huge difference between managing and coaching, at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    He wouldn’t have been lead coach at that point or setting out how they were going to play. It was a good for move him and I imagine he may have had the odd managerial opportunity but right decision to get some coaching hours under Moyes so he’s better equipped for management IF he wants it.

He wouldn’t have been lead coach at that point or setting out how they were going to play. It was a good for move him and I imagine he may have had the odd managerial opportunity but right decision to get some coaching hours under Moyes so he’s better equipped for management IF he wants it.
    Yup and agree with KTD

Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast