+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 148 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season transfer targets and possible departures...

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Bob View Post
    They were in the hunt for a play off spot most of the season until a horror show of a run in saw them take only 4 points from their last 11 games and fall right out of contention and into mid-table, so there may have been method in their madness at the time.

Similar to us hoping to resist a move for Wootton last January.
    True, but we offered Wootton a new deal, they actually released Randall

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    True, but we offered Wootton a new deal, they actually released Randall
    He may have been offered a new deal and rejected it before the end of the season, Sutton don’t seem to announce a offered new deal, it seems they just have a retained and released list, from what I can see anyway.

With having Chicksen & Jones (wide left) & Nemane & TAR (wide right) signing another wide player seems to indicate that one of the existing wide players is on his way out of the club. By my reckoning, that could only be Nemane! - watch this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    He may have been offered a new deal and rejected it before the end of the season, Sutton don’t seem to announce a offered new deal, it seems they just have a retained and released list, from what I can see anyway.
    Says in his interview on the official site that he turned down a new deal at Sutton. Makes sense given what Sutton fans are saying about him. Also sounds like he’s looking forward to being in a more attack-minded team.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Says in his interview on the official site that he turned down a new deal at Sutton. Makes sense given what Sutton fans are saying about him. Also sounds like he’s looking forward to being in a more attack-minded team.
    Randall was Sutton’s joint-top goalscorer last season, with the south London outfit keen to retain his services upon the expiration of his contract.

“It was my decision to give myself the opportunity to see what else was out there,” he said.

“I wasn’t in any way desperate to leave, but I was aware of interest from Notts and other clubs and felt, at this stage of my career, I wanted to give myself some time to think about what was best instead of committing to a new contract.”

With his Meadow Lane move now sealed, Randall is looking forward to a new chapter.

“It’s nice to not only have a change of club, but also a change in my life,” he said.

“With certain moves between clubs you might decide to stay where you’re based, which in my case is Swindon.

“But I want to put my whole life into progressing with this club, so I’ll be moving to Nottingham this summer. I think that will be the best thing for me and my career.”

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    With having Chicksen & Jones (wide left) & Nemane & TAR (wide right) signing another wide player seems to indicate that one of the existing wide players is on his way out of the club. By my reckoning, that could only be Nemane! - watch this space.
    I think people are looking into things too much it could be Rubén’s not signing and Jones will play as a 10 regular next season …it could be that as everyone has said we need a bigger squad for League 2 it could be that we was tracking him last season and he could compete in a number of positions especially as he was on a free transfer

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A Randall to go with a Brindley, O'Brien, Palmer and Jones.

Just need Archie Mair to come back.
    Much as though I’d love it if Archie returned it wouldn’t be too amiss if we did sign (Jordan) Smith as this would only supplement Elite’s list and, at least, one of our fellow NCM contributors would applaud such an addition

This just came down the wire. Mek of it what you will, duck.

DM, 2 year deal, player coach eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This just came down the wire. Mek of it what you will, duck.

DM, 2 year deal, player coach eventually.
    If he brings last seasons L1 form he could be massive for us.

If it does happen it just proves that money doesn’t always talk. He could easily have got another year or 2 out of Derby.

Jones as a number 10 if he could stay fit is an exciting prospect.
    If LW could sell the Notts vision to either Didzy, Billy Sharp or Tyler Walker and get them within our wage structure I’d be happy.

Page 55 of 148 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast