+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    A quick browse of their forums suggests Jones wouldn’t be the most popular choice in the world.

LW does get quite a few mentions, though some bring up the reasons why he left might be a bit of a problem, not sure why.
    "Personal reasons", right? I may be way off here, but given the amount that Luke puts into his job, how seriously he takes the responsibility, and how heavy all of that weighs on him, I wonder how he'd fair at a bigger club with more pressure and intensity. I'd hate to see him go somewhere else and get chewed up by fans and local/national media, because he's such a lovely guy.

I'm not saying he can't handle pressure, but he definitely seems to feel the pain of letting fans down more than some managers do. It's one of the many things that makes him so special.

That said, I suppose his time at Swindon was a baptism of fire, and last season at Notts was uniquely stressful, so perhaps he'd be just fine. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    "Personal reasons", right? I may be way off here, but given the amount that Luke puts into his job, how seriously he takes the responsibility, and how heavy all of that weighs on him, I wonder how he'd fair at a bigger club with more pressure and intensity. I'd hate to see him go somewhere else and get chewed up by fans and local/national media, because he's such a lovely guy.

I'm not saying he can't handle pressure, but he definitely seems to feel the pain of letting fans down more than some managers do. It's one of the many things that makes him so special.

That said, I suppose his time at Swindon was a baptism of fire, and last season at Notts was uniquely stressful, so perhaps he'd be just fine. Who knows.
    I heard it was more travel challenges with young family back on the other side of London.

Heckingbottom sacked by Sheffield United but no need for anyone to wet themself, Chris Wilder has got the job again

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Hopefully we have learnt from the recent Oxford vacancy and all that associated fake news regarding contact between clubs and interviews that never actually took place.
    How do you know it was fake news ? Just because he says he didnt have any contact with them......Thats what they all say..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    How do you know it was fake news ? Just because he says he didnt have any contact with them......Thats what they all say..
    Good point. He may not have been approached, or spoke with them.... but what about his agent? It's a bit like that Labour minister (I forget his name) who had his aide read a news report / briefing whilst being driven to a TV studio, just so he could truthfully say he hadn't read the reports, but he could appear to be up to speed.

So you think Luke Williams was lying when he said the reported interview(s) were untrue? That's a rather big headline grabbing statement!

I believe he has more integrity than that. People certainly did not need any evidence other than what an Oxford fan wrote on the internet when they believed he had.

No approach, no interview. Innocent until proven guilty still applies doesn't it?

Innocent until proven guilty still applies doesn't it?
    It certainly seems to with your new username.

So you think Luke Williams was lying when he said the reported interview(s) were untrue? That's a rather big headline grabbing statement!

I believe he has more integrity than that. People certainly did not need any evidence other than what an Oxford fan wrote on the internet when they believed he had.

No approach, no interview. Innocent until proven guilty still applies doesn't it?
    It wasn’t just an Oxford fan on the internet, it was a fairly well respected football journalist who said Williams was in ‘advanced talks’ with Oxford.

No idea about the rights and wrongs in this particular case, but I think you’d have to be naive to think that managers told the truth when they’re asked about potential new employers.

People will always speculate, on paper it was a very plausible move, league higher, 2nd in that league and with ambitious owners. Football gossip a lot if the time is as much fun as whats going off on the pitch, that's why everyone loves it.

There was a lot of speculation and many if type comments as a result and most of the worry and concern was because of shifting betting odds.

Would be very interesting if after all the speculation and comments by an Oxford fan and a football journalist, Williams states that he had absolutely no contact let alone an interview. If then Oxford stated and confirmed after their appointment that they had in fact interviewed the successful candidate and Williams.

This isn't a case like Clinton having to testify under oath but it would still make Williams look as bad as the former POTUS when he openly lied to the media. Seems brave to categorically state the above knowing you are lying and you could be exposed.

We do not know either way but I bet Ruben knows.

Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast