+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    1/8 now, bookies must have wind as I can’t see many people putting on at 1/4 unless they are in the know also.
    You'd be surprised the amount of people that put money on a favourite because they think it's a winner so make some money.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    You'd be surprised the amount of people that put money on a favourite because they think it's a winner so make some money.
    You'd have to put on a lot of money to get any decent returns. The risk/reward doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Maynard's first pre-match team talk:

"Please, hold the line. Your offside trap is important to us."
    😂

You'd have to put on a lot of money to get any decent returns. The risk/reward doesn't make sense.
    That's what I'm saying, they see someone at 1/2 and so lump on, it then goes to 1/8 because money is going on it. Only winners in this market are the bookies

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Maynard’s quit his job apparently this morning as a BT engineer according to agent Trev 😂 2pm press conference?
    Yeah 'cause Agent Trev was spot on with Langstaff going for £3m a few weeks back

I'd be surprised if it's Maynard as it's taking too long...Or does he have to work the months notice? Maybe more a case of getting a UK work permit sorted for someone.

I'd be surprised if they let Maynard quit to come here. Doesn't seem like the brothers operate like that unless they point blank refused to negotiate.

Got a feeling we'll have JOB in the dugout for the season which IMO is probably the worst move the club could make if that's the route they've chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Yeah 'cause Agent Trev was spot on with Langstaff going for £3m a few weeks back

I'd be surprised if it's Maynard as it's taking too long...Or does he have to work the months notice? Maybe more a case of getting a UK work permit sorted for someone.
    We don’t seem the types to rush into stuff. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we identified Maynard as our main target right away but it’s taken a couple of weeks of conversations and planning to actually sign off on it being right for all parties. Which is fine and sensible.

Doubt we'll hear anything before next week as they won't want to distract from the Stockport match and preparation. Could his first game be Mansfield away? Ouch.

Doubt we'll hear anything before next week as they won't want to distract from the Stockport match and preparation. Could his first game be Mansfield away? Ouch.
    Not sure it would be a distraction if there was an announcement today/tomorrow. Players will know what’s happening more so than us. Stuff like this happens all the time and players and clubs just gerron wi it.

Barrow (H) on 27th?

Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast