+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 135 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement for DM

Its a league where an average Dundee Utd team are sitting top of the table.If it was that tough of a league Dundee Utd would be no where near the top.

The standard isn’t really relevant to the job that Jack has done there. I’d fully expect Aberdeen to pump them in the cup but I’d still rather have their manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The standard isn’t really relevant to the job that Jack has done there. I’d fully expect Aberdeen to pump them in the cup but I’d still rather have their manager
    Ross would be my second choice, Potter / Reid my first.
    I think they will go for Sheerin / Robson when DM and Doc eventually move on.

All moot really until DM and Doc leaves though.
    Nobody's even made an oficial approach yet

Nobody will

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Nobody will
    Best you accept it then
    But then again, we know Sunderland made an approach and by all accounts, he has been approached by SevCo in the past.
    I have no doubt that someone will make an approach for him again.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    No, that's not what I said. Just pointing out that it's not without precedent for a manager from Scotland to get a job down there.

Although as pointed out, Neil got the job when they were in the Championship. Fair enough, but I still don't think it's as much of a flight of fancy for McInnes to get the West Brom job. Again though, that's not saying I think he will get it, just that it's feasible that he might.
    Out of interest who was the last manager from Scotland to go straight to the top flight of guffball. Was it Souness? If so that was 26 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Out of interest who was the last manager from Scotland to go straight to the top flight of guffball. Was it Souness? If so that was 26 years ago
    Possibly Jim Jefferies from Fearts to Bradford in 2000.

Unless you count McLeish going from the national team to Birmingham City in 2007.
    Last edited by rico94; 22-11-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Possibly Jim Jefferies from Fearts to Bradford in 2000.

Unless you count McLeish going from the national team to Birmingham City in 2007.
    Jefferies is a good shout.

Me and a boy were racking our brains.

McLeish doesn't count

Again for the ump****th time there is not a chance Sheerin/Robson will be offered the job.

I'm getting heartily fed up of our team being mired down in the Huns fiasco. Just like the situation with Sunderland Deek is not covering himself in glory over this one. I like him as a manager but he does appear to have a sleekit side about him.

Can't see him being offered the West Brom gig. Foreign owners will plump for one of the usual suspects. Fat Sam probably.

I fully expect Dm to still be our manager for the foreseeable. Although he is starting to grate with me.

If he does go I'm starting to be more than ok with it. The only thing that worries me is that he seems to be very good at persuading decent players to sign for the club.

His constant tinkering with the team and formations isn't working. He will have to accept that his new recruits aren't up to it and do something in the next two windows. McGinn and Hayes back would be a starter.

We are just fortunate that Hibs (albeit they are playing far better football than us ) are inconsistent. The Huns continue to drop points.

Think we will need to view this season as transitional and be happy with top 3/4 position with 2nd place being a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Again for the ump****th time there is not a chance Sheerin/Robson will be offered the job.

I'm getting heartily fed up of our team being mired down in the Huns fiasco. Just like the situation with Sunderland Deek is not covering himself in glory over this one. I like him as a manager but he does appear to have a sleekit side about him.

Can't see him being offered the West Brom gig. Foreign owners will plump for one of the usual suspects. Fat Sam probably.

I fully expect Dm to still be our manager for the foreseeable. Although he is starting to grate with me.

If he does go I'm starting to be more than ok with it. The only thing that worries me is that he seems to be very good at persuading decent players to sign for the club.

His constant tinkering with the team and formations isn't working. He will have to accept that his new recruits aren't up to it and do something in the next two windows. McGinn and Hayes back would be a starter.

We are just fortunate that Hibs (albeit they are playing far better football than us ) are inconsistent. The Huns continue to drop points.

Think we will need to view this season as transitional and be happy with top 3/4 position with 2nd place being a bonus.
    Could hardly agree with this any more.

Nailed it.

His head has been turned, no question, but for differeing reasons, he is not in the running for either of the concurrent vacancies. But its currently affecting the team, so he needs to clear his head.

You could argue that he hasn't done anything wrong when asked in the press conferences so far, but he hasn't nailed the rumours to the floor either.

Like you, I'm fairly ambivalent about whether he stays or goes. Would prerfer it if a re-energised DM stayed, but if he goes, so be it. Frankly, the football has been sh1te this season (even a so called long ball, hammer throwing team were able to pass us off the park on saturday)

Comme ci, Comme ca. But, we are AFC and don't deserve to have this sh1t hanging over us for 4 weeks.

Page 56 of 135 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast