+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 560 of 625 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

He will always be remembered in the "should have done much better" category. It seems he is content to fulfil his basic remit of qualifying for the qualifying rounds of Europe and a cup semi every now and again. An uninspiring man that proves the difficult is in fact impossible.

We will never win another cup while he is in charge .... nor will we qualify for Europe proper.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post

We will never win another cup while he is in charge .... nor will we qualify for Europe proper.
    Everyone of us that follow Aberdeen know that. It sums us up as a club that we find qualifying for Europe as a great achievement. We will never reach the group stages under McInnes and to suggest otherwise is just being plain stupid as the evidence is overwhelming. We lack a ruthlessness, real hunger and desire to do anything more than we currently do (which isn’t a lot). Cormack has put in a fair amount of cash so far....he must be thinking of binning McInnes. He isn’t blind and I am pretty sure he is ambitious enough. Over to you Dave?!

Ach we’ve all seen that today many times before . I’m long past having any hopes of winning cup games against Celtic while DM is here .
    That said I don’t think he did a lot wrong today , Celtic just generally turn up for the big domestic games , especially against us.

There s inevitably going to come a time when the differences between Cormack’s ambition and DM’s abilities will ultimately mean a parting of the ways . I don’t think it will be this season though .

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    He will always be remembered in the "should have done much better" category. It seems he is content to fulfil his basic remit of qualifying for the qualifying rounds of Europe and a cup semi every now and again. An uninspiring man that proves the difficult is in fact impossible.

I couldn’t agree more with the fact that his time is up but that can also be said for Considine.

The amount of chances he has had to win the win the Scottish cup and never has proves that we need to have better defenders than he is capable of ever being.

I recognise the fact that it’s not all down to Considine like I’m about to be told but he is also not completely blameless in us not winning the Scottish cup in the last 15 years.

I hope McInnes time is up but even if we got the best manager in the world to replace him he is never going to get any better out of Considine so it’s time to look for better defenders than him and Ash Taylor.

Steve Clarke gets Considine playing better and more switched on at Hampden than McInnes has ever had. We don’t need the best manager just a competent one.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Steve Clarke gets Considine playing better and more switched on at Hampden than McInnes has ever had. We don’t need the best manager just a competent one.
    Steve Clarke who has Scotland playing as defensively as Craig Brown ever did.

Is that what you want,a manager who has us sitting back so we are difficult to beat?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Steve Clarke who has Scotland playing as defensively as Craig Brown ever did.

Is that what you want,a manager who has us sitting back so we are difficult to beat?
    My point was about the best manager in the world statement. You took it the wrong way. I have said it before but will say it again....I don’t want a boring SFA certificated coach. I want someone who wants to play football the right way and be afraid of no one and has a go at any team. There is no good Scottish coaches/managers so let’s look further afield.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    My point was about the best manager in the world statement. You took it the wrong way. I have said it before but will say it again....I don’t want a boring SFA certificated coach. I want someone who wants to play football the right way and be afraid of no one and has a go at any team. There is no good Scottish coaches/managers so let’s look further afield.
    Yes but do you think any manager would come in and make Considine any better than he is?

I think times up for him and McInnes if we want to improve .

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yes but do you think any manager would come in and make Considine any better than he is?

I think times up for him and McInnes if we want to improve .
    I think Considine and McInnes should have been shown the door a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Cormack must see Mcinnes for what he is?
    I’m sure he does - but he also sees the club books & income vs expenditure. No way he’s binning and paying off DM & his team anytime this season.

Especially when we’re actually playing the best football to watch for several years (measured against a very low bar admittedly) with the best squad in several years too.

He had 5 attacking players starting today. We tried to press and pressure them early at the back from the start.

All stuff we’ve all cried out for us to do for ages.

Celtic turned up today. The likes of Christie played to their full capabilities (& yes the irony of that one is not lost on me).

When that happens, we almost certainly lose. It’s why Scottish football is a pretty boring and pointless pursuit to follow frankly

Page 560 of 625 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570610 ... LastLast