+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 570 of 625 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

I read an article on the bbc website linking us to Ross Stewart and Allan Campbell. Campbell would require a transfer fee around £300,000 due to training compensation. Both players would be signed on pre contract.
    My point for posting this is I wouldn’t let The Anchor Man sign players for next season. At the very worst he himself should be gone by the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I read an article on the bbc website linking us to Ross Stewart and Allan Campbell. Campbell would require a transfer fee around £300,000 due to training compensation. Both players would be signed on pre contract.
    My point for posting this is I wouldn’t let The Anchor Man sign players for next season. At the very worst he himself should be gone by the summer.
    I would absolutely let McInnes buy Campbell as that is exactly the sort of player we should be buying - best of young Scottish talent - he would be a great buy regardless of who is manager next season

Stewart is not in that category as far as I am concerned. We clearly need strengthening up front but not convinced on Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Lucien Frave Borussia Dortmund manager just sacked
    Any one have Dave McCormacks mobile number ?
    Good. Fully deserved. I had Dortmund in an accumulator against crappy Stuttgart

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I would absolutely let McInnes buy Campbell as that is exactly the sort of player we should be buying - best of young Scottish talent - he would be a great buy regardless of who is manager next season

Stewart is not in that category as far as I am concerned. We clearly need strengthening up front but not convinced on Stewart
    I presume Campbell would be to replace Ferguson.
    Like yourself not convinced about Stewart. He's big and more mobile than the current lumps of wood but he doesn't really strike fear into the hearts of anyone he's playing against, I would imagine

Did you actually physically read the article yourself pal or did you have to get someone to read it to you, if you managed it yourself then well done, great job
    I actually mentioned on here sometime ago about a whisper I had heard about our interest in Allan Campbell, have not seen all that much of him to be honest but he does get regular praise from pundits and the like, I would be happy to bring him in whether it is DM who signs him or the next manager. As for Stewart I would be happy to have him as well as long as he is a direct replacement for Cosgrove as he is most certainly a step up from him (thats nae hard to be right enough) but he is too similar to Curtis Main to be the proper striker / footballer we have been crying out for for fkn years. No idea who that might be on our budget and I'm not so sure I would be happy to be letting DM make that signing.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Did you actually physically read the article yourself pal or did you have to get someone to read it to you, if you managed it yourself then well done, great job
    I actually mentioned on here sometime ago about a whisper I had heard about our interest in Allan Campbell, have not seen all that much of him to be honest but he does get regular praise from pundits and the like, I would be happy to bring him in whether it is DM who signs him or the next manager. As for Stewart I would be happy to have him as well as long as he is a direct replacement for Cosgrove as he is most certainly a step up from him (thats nae hard to be right enough) but he is too similar to Curtis Main to be the proper striker / footballer we have been crying out for for fkn years. No idea who that might be on our budget and I'm not so sure I would be happy to be letting DM make that signing.
    Campbell would likely be a decent signing, but yeah I think that would all but confirm that Ferguson would be moving on. He could be one we bring in and develop and sell on in a couple of seasons.

Not sure about Stewart - he does look better on the ball than Cosgrove (which isn't hard) and he has scored a fair few for Ross County (which probably is hard).

The way we were playing earlier in the season with Watkins up front and Wright and Hedges behind, makes me think we should just try and sign Watkins. I would think over the course of a season he'd hit double figures - not great for a striker, but his all round contribution would probably generate more goals overall than someone like Cosgrove.

I wonder how James Wilson would have fitted in to the system we've been playing this season? I would have liked to have seen him up top with Hedges and Wright behind him - i think they would have linked up well. Even playing him alongside Wright or Hedges in behind Watkins I think would have worked well. He was a quality football player, but McInnes played him on the wing or on the bench.

I got one of my workers to read it out to me whilst on their break. No point me taking time out of my busy schedule to read football guff when there is money to be made. I should really get one to proofread this to correct any spelling mishaps. I will when they are not physically working. I will get one to initial at the bottom of this once it has been proofread.

FY

I got one of my workers to read it out to me whilst on their break. No point me taking time out of my busy schedule to read football guff when there is money to be made. I should really get one to proofread this to correct any spelling mishaps. I will when they are not physically working. I will get one to initial at the bottom of this once it has been proofread.

FY

That's the problem with being self taught, it's the reading part that is the most challenging as you need to establish a good eye to brain relationship resulting in rapid communication between them, and self taught people always struggle with the reading part because of that.
    Don't be embarrassed about it pal, it's really nothing to be ashamed of it's very common in you self taught people.
    Keep taking the lessons or if you have packed them in then re-start them it will do you the world of good.

Oh by the way.
    FY2

That's the problem with being self taught, it's the reading part that is the most challenging as you need to establish a good eye to brain relationship resulting in rapid communication between them, and self taught people always struggle with the reading part because of that.
    Don't be embarrassed about it pal, it's really nothing to be ashamed of it's very common in you self taught people.
    Keep taking the lessons or if you have packed them in then re-start them it will do you the world of good.

Oh by the way.
    FY2

I suppose that could be a problem for your average person but the ability even at a very young age I had was far superior to most others. I don’t like to brag about it as the neanderthal community amongst us could certainly take offence if I overstep the mark.
    The likes of schools, colleges and universities etc could certainly be a challenge for the uneducated so I do pity those who didn’t step up straight away in this world and had to train their brains with such methods.
    Peace to all though especially during these time of human error.

It’s good to know you have a Frank Young working for you also.

To keep this on topic.....sack The Anchor Man before he gets more sitting midfielders into the club.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 15-12-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I think we will finish third if we can sort out the issues upfront (again) but it's hardly a big deal.

We can also name drop managers all day, every day but a manager's shelf life is short with the exception of McInnes. So no matter how badly he does, he survives the rest of them. That then gives satisfaction to the happy clappers who can bring up the likes of Goodwin when they've been sacked by Plymouth Argyle in 2034. As McInnes leads us to a top 6 finish.
    It’s not just the happy clappers fault that McInnes job seems to be untouchable though.

The likes of Skovdhal,Patterson,Brown etc should have been hounded out of Pittodrie long before they were.

But instead of that happening some people still reminisce of how they enjoyed going to the football back then.

If we didn’t put up with that pish back then McInnes wouldn’t have such a comfortable job because he qualifies for Europe every year.Unfortunately we did so it gave Milne and now Cormack the excuse to say he is doing a great job.

Page 570 of 625 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572580620 ... LastLast