+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 573 of 923 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast
Results 5,721 to 5,730 of 9227

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Point is that I had never heard of her?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    So - just announced on the Marr show - Farage isn’t standing for Parliament after all.
    Says he’s going to lead the Brexit Party but can’t do that and stand as an MP too.
    Don’t know how Corbyn, Johnson and Swinson cope...what a gutless empty vessel Farage has proved to be.
    They cope (or at least JC and BJ do, see below) for the reasons Geoff mentioned, plus any seat NF chose to contest would have massive resources poured at it by the other parties to prevent him prevailing, resources the less well established parties including The Brexit Party don't have. I'm actually surprised Jo Swinson isn't doing something similar, my friend Ev in East Dumbartonshire thinks she'll be in real trouble now that SNP have chosen a female candidate, and good luck to them to be honest

So - just announced on the Marr show - Farage isn’t standing for Parliament after all.
    Says he’s going to lead the Brexit Party but can’t do that and stand as an MP too.
    Don’t know how Corbyn, Johnson and Swinson cope...what a gutless empty vessel Farage has proved to be.
    Although it won't happen I wish Farage was Prime Minister, he'd do a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Although it won't happen I wish Farage was Prime Minister, he'd do a great job!
    Well, clearly I couldn’t disagree more...to me he’s nothing more than an attention seeker who has become a ‘fat cat’ entirely as a result of his penchant for rabble rousing. A semi articulate trouble maker with not one single solution to offer imo and a latter day Oswald Mosley who the country will be better off without.

So, not for the first time, we’ll have to differ MoP, but given your opening comment on this thread - well over three years ago - that is why I referenced his ‘announcement’ on the Marr Show this morning. We appear to have come full circle. It appears ‘most folk’ wouldn’t want Farage as PM after all and thank goodness for that!

Well, clearly I couldn’t disagree more...to me he’s nothing more than an attention seeker who has become a ‘fat cat’ entirely as a result of his penchant for rabble rousing. A semi articulate trouble maker with not one single solution to offer imo and a latter day Oswald Mosley who the country will be better off without.

So, not for the first time, we’ll have to differ MoP, but given your opening comment on this thread - well over three years ago - that is why I referenced his ‘announcement’ on the Marr Show this morning. We appear to have come full circle. It appears ‘most folk’ wouldn’t want Farage as PM after all and thank goodness for that!
    I don't believe anyone has ever thought Farage would get to be PM.
    But what folks try to do, is sweep him under the carpet as they are **** scred of what he has done. That's tip over the apple cart. As said earlier, the 2 main parties would pour anything resource wise to undermine him,.
    He's a threat to them and they know it.
    It's still a disgrace after 2015 considering the muppets who got a seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiJBrjyPwfw

About the only thing I agree with him about Our voting system his corrupt The electorate ,mainly at fault when Clegg had the AV vote nobody could be bothered to vote But not surprising because because the right wing press mullered it Definately not in their interest was it ( was the Sun that lost it was the headline at the time ) Anyway watch Farage in the Marr show this morning he's right when he says Johnson's deal isn't Brexit but the trouble with Farage is he will only accept No deal because what he wants that's the only way he will get it. Would expect him to a deal with Johnson about tactical voting . Johnson is saying it won't happen but we all no what he says and he does are not the same Hard to believe that Farage is allowed to promote his Brexit Party everyday over the airways on LBC for to be a conflict of interest there

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I don't believe anyone has ever thought Farage would get to be PM.
    But what folks try to do, is sweep him under the carpet as they are **** scred of what he has done. That's tip over the apple cart. As said earlier, the 2 main parties would pour anything resource wise to undermine him,.
    He's a threat to them and they know it.
    It's still a disgrace after 2015 considering the muppets who got a seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiJBrjyPwfw
    Easy enough to ‘upset the apple cart’, Tricky.
    It’s a lot harder to build things for the future.
    Farage seems to have built very nicely for his own future, via LBC and his European Parliament based salary and pension.
    Done nothing for this country other than create division and then run away imo.

Easy enough to ‘upset the apple cart’, Tricky.
    It’s a lot harder to build things for the future.
    Farage seems to have built very nicely for his own future, via LBC and his European Parliament based salary and pension.
    Done nothing for this country other than create division and then run away imo.
    Rubbish, but that's your opinion.

He gave the electorate a chance to voice their discontent. To upset the arrogant status quo that has endured for long enough. 2 parties doing what the hell they liked, with the Lib dims jumping in when it suited.
    No one listened or gave a flying to what was being protested.
    UKIP then the Brexit party have caused enough of a stink to make a difference.

Would we have ever got a vote without UKIP? No we wouldn't.
    But democracy doesn't go hand in hand with lots in parliament.
    We got a vote and it shocked them.
    Then May got arrogant, so the Brexit party pushed its way to the front.
    Ignore it at your peril Boris.

As was endorsed by Juncker, he couldn't believe that UKIP only had one seat, after pooling more votes than the SNP/Libs/Greens put together.

As for the cushy EU job you bang on about. He doesn't want it. He wants it dissolved. But enough UK residents have sent him back to keep the pressure on.
    You and the EU may not like that, but he's only there by public choice.
    Don't want him there, vote him out.
    That's democracy for you. Oooooooops that's a can of worms reply

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Rubbish, but that's your opinion.

He gave the electorate a chance to voice their discontent. To upset the arrogant status quo that has endured for long enough. 2 parties doing what the hell they liked, with the Lib dims jumping in when it suited.
    No one listened or gave a flying to what was being protested.
    UKIP then the Brexit party have caused enough of a stink to make a difference.

Would we have ever got a vote without UKIP? No we wouldn't.
    But democracy doesn't go hand in hand with lots in parliament.
    We got a vote and it shocked them.
    Then May got arrogant, so the Brexit party pushed its way to the front.
    Ignore it at your peril Boris.

As was endorsed by Juncker, he couldn't believe that UKIP only had one seat, after pooling more votes than the SNP/Libs/Greens put together.

As for the cushy EU job you bang on about. He doesn't want it. He wants it dissolved. But enough UK residents have sent him back to keep the pressure on.
    You and the EU may not like that, but he's only there by public choice.
    Don't want him there, vote him out.
    That's democracy for you. Oooooooops that's a can of worms reply
    ...and that’s your opinion.

He used democracy to get elected to the European Parliament because, sadly, so few people vote in those elections.

Democracy worked differently in the domestic elections though didn’t it? Failed seven times and couldn’t face an eighth defeat once he saw that his - and your - beloved Brexit Party is currently looking at an estimated 9% of the vote.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-11-2019 at 05:45 PM.

...and that’s your opinion.

He used democracy to get elected to the European Parliament because, sadly, so few people vote in those elections.

Democracy worked differently in the domestic elections though didn’t it? Failed seven times and couldn’t face an eighth defeat once he saw that his - and your - beloved Brexit Party is currently looking at an estimated 9% of the vote.
    TTR and RA, your spat condenses the whole UK into a few dozen posts, find some common ground and work from there!

However, agreeing with Mista, NF seems to have got himself some very valuable and beyond-free publicity with his LBC gig, not sure that's fair.

An observation from my recent time in Spain, and its only a small demographic - contrary to the impression given by 'traditional' UK media, most expats I have come across are NF (although not BJ) fans and have abandoned BBC, ITV and Sky News in favour of LBC.

Page 573 of 923 FirstFirst ... 73473523563571572573574575583623673 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)