+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 923 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

I'm sure there are folk in London who live and breathe for getting their crayons out and doing a placard. Yet don't know how to wire a plug, or change TV channels without a remote, or do up a tie properly. The illegals don't bother me, I understand their need, but career protestors just make me want to barf. I wonder if anti-protestor sentiment is xenophobia?

'Human rights my arse!' Thanks Jim.
    Take your point though.

Its actually diadilotephobia, Andy

Maybe the first time that word has appeared on this site

That's being anti reasoned argument, I think the contributors here have avoided that for the most part. I meant more 'anti folk with an afternoon off work dusting off an old for sale board (their mews house, £585,000) out of their shed, scrawling some clever words on it and chanting whatever Billy Bragg tells them to'. Billy Bragg wasn't there yesterday by the way, but I only saw one of the two protests so you never know. Not being bitter about this, honest.

Not sure about anti reasoned argument Andy - diadilotes - from Greek, meaning demonstrator, protester

Phobia = self evident

Thus diadilotephobia - fear / dread of demonstrators

I bow to your greater knowledge (or dedication to research), I'm not fearful of them though, they just piss me off, especially when it would appear (viz yesterday) that many were protesting 'in shifts' with their down time being in Starbucks drinking skinny lattays

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    especially when it would appear (viz yesterday) that many were protesting 'in shifts' with their down time being in Starbucks drinking skinny lattays
    They appeared in Viz yesterday? I guess in the "modern Parents" strip or "Milly Tant"

what makes me sad swale ramanag being in or out wont stop the unprecedented fall in to greed and cronyism that has been escalating in recent decades . sir phillip green a crook and he knows it. now mr cameron has listed his cronies for honours and they cannot be blocked its no wonder the normal people of this country dismay at politicians . in this statement you make see insight into many millions of views that europe was just a way of showing the elite that we do see beyond the facade put up. corrupt and criminal laws made by the elite and not bringing about change has made the masses say up yours mr cameron you see what a telling picture of britain this paints. then you see the gravy train brussels is on and you realise why people said no more. for many parts of the population the eu was generous helpful a way of financing various projects. for the more modest humble people who voted to leave it was just seen as a way for the rich to become richer .lady wheatcroft a financial journalist who is so far adrift of reality its embarrasing. there thats my say . mr camerons wifes hairdresser really is that what the honours list means paying debts to a few elite. let the football begin

Blimey southern, you sound like you've become a revolutionary overnight! Agree 100% with everything you've said about 'cronyism' and I think both Green and Cameron, who just appears to be putting two fingers up to all of us like the spoilt little ex-Etonian he is, are both a total disgrace. Don't know anything about Lady Wheatcroft tbh but what I find sad is that people blame the EU for corruption and riding the gravy train, which I accept is true in part, but seem reluctant to accept that we are already at least as bad in this country. How is quitting the EU going to help when we already have the home grown examples of corruption you mention? Anyway, mind how you go tonight, take it easy on the 'tipple'...at this rate you'll be Che Southern tomorrow. I'll go and Google this Wheatcroft woman...and no Roger...that's not a euphemism.

ramAnag. Baroness Wheatcroft is aTory peer sitting in the house of Lords She is a former editor of the The Wall Street Journal and The Times At the moment she is doing her best to delay article 50 from being signed by using delaying tactics in the Lords She says if thy can delay long enough there may be another referendum Charming women deserves her gong 😃😃

Page 58 of 923 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)