+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 🎾O/T:- Padel courts at Meadow Lane

Free play extended through to the end of January and a little more info....

"Free play at Nottingham Padel Centre will continue until 31 January following a hugely encouraging launch period.

The four-court, all-weather facility, accessed off Iremonger Road and situated on land behind the Kop, opened in November and proved an immediate hit as bookings flooded in from people seizing the opportunity to sample the rapidly-growing sport free of charge.
    We’ve since received lots of positive feedback and, in the spirit of Christmas, have extended our offer of free play into January. Click here to book your slot!

Access
    Nottingham Padel Centre is accessed via the dedicated entrance on Iremonger Road. There is no access from Meadow Lane or any part of Notts County's stadium.

Access to both the car park and courts is controlled by keypads activated by an access code which is sent on confirmation of booking.

Equipment hire and purchase
    Following comments received from players about the difficulty of hiring rackets at evenings and weekends it has been decided that four rackets will be left in each court for players to use free of charge until the end of the free play period. Please be respectful of these and leave them for the next players as you would wish to find them. Should there be any issues, please report to padel@nottscountyfc.co.uk.

A vending machine dispensing drinks and sleeves of padel balls is expected to be installed shortly. As a security measure and aligned to the booking process, these machines will require payment by credit/debit card.

The club shop on Meadow Lane will continue to offer racket hire at £5 per racket per booking, with a tube of three balls for sale at £5. Please consider, however, that after visiting the shop you will need to then proceed to the aforementioned entrance on Iremonger Road - a short drive, or five-minute walk, away. Click here for club shop opening hours.

The shop also sells a range of rackets, produced by leading brand Drop Shot. Normally retailing from £120 - £200, we’re offering these at reduced prices starting from £85.

Coaching and advice
    Our experienced resident coach, Daniel Sweeney, will be pleased to provide tuition and advice on equipment.

Please contact him in advance by emailing drsinvestments.gb@gmail.com or calling 07967 678 679.

Find a playing partner
    One of our regular players, Monica, has very kindly started a WhatsApp group for those who do not have regular playing partners. Click here to join.

Group sessions
    In the new year we intend to start weekly group and mix-in sessions, which you can simply turn up to.
    The sessions will enable you to receive coaching and play with different partners and opponents, with details to be shared after the festive season.

On-site facilities
    The facility has ample parking, toilet and washroom facilities, as well as a kiosk housing seating and a cycle shelter.

Provide feedback
    If you've visited the centre and would like to leave feedback, please click here.

Stay informed
    If you wish to be kept updated on Nottingham Padel Centre, you can join our mailing list by clicking here."

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/january/padel-free-play-continues-151222/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f32h90

Interesting programme on radio red earlier - hope the link works. Alex reedtz from 10 mins in.

Sounds like going well so far 👍👍

I'm a member at the Tennis centre on University Boulevard. Since the LTA took the site over from the Council they have actively started numerous upgrades and developments. One of those is 3 new Padel courts. Not sure when they will be ready but will create a bit of competition for the courts at ML.

‘They’ve opened a trade account with Head.’
    I’ve always had to pay upfront for that sort of service!
    Last edited by kill_the_drum; 01-06-2023 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    ‘They’ve opened a trade account with Head.’
    I’ve always had to pay upfront for that sort of service!
    When I played in the MAA I often used to get pulled off at half time. This made my teammates somewhat jealous because they only got a slice of orange and a Benson.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    When I played in the MAA I often used to get pulled off at half time. This made my teammates somewhat jealous because they only got a slice of orange and a Benson.
    🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I'm a member at the Tennis centre on University Boulevard. Since the LTA took the site over from the Council they have actively started numerous upgrades and developments. One of those is 3 new Padel courts. Not sure when they will be ready but will create a bit of competition for the courts at ML.
    Not surprised to hear that.

I've not see the ML courts up close and personal but unsurprisingly the 3/4 padel courts at LTAs headquarters are top quality.

Yes competition but also can only help with the visibility, promotion and popularity of this growing sport.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

I've not see the ML courts up close and personal but unsurprisingly the 3/4 padel courts at LTAs headquarters are top quality.

Yes competition but also can only help with the visibility, promotion and popularity of this growing sport.
    Get down there and get your bat out !

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post

What do you mean by LTA Headquarters?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast