+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Niskanen

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Any particular reason for using the Gomis song for Fuchs?
    Because he plays in centre mid perhaps?

I thought racism was statements or actions which had derogatory connotations in their application, not complimentary ones?

If I was to say in a complimentary way, that I know a boxer who can box as good as Mohammed Ali and sang 'floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee,' in relation to that boxer.....would this be racist?

Just wondering why a song from 10 years ago gets mentioned for Fuchs. Why not Harkes? Or any other midfielder from the last 10 years for that matter. Must just be a coincidence eh? Must be because they're both diminutive tenacious players I guess-nothing else right?
    to be fair Harkes' game has nothing to do with Gomis. Harkes is not a tenacious type like Fuchs and Gomis. That aint to do with colour it's to do with how they play. I can see why you say what you say but the Gomis song is a great one and the flip-side is that we cant use it in case people think its to do with colour which seems bolllocks. they are very similar in playing style. Combative and tenacious. Both were my favourite players at the time too. I just bought a Fuchs badge so it's official. My opinion is the Fuchs is better so perhaps he needs a new song. Name a white player who plays like either that we have had! They are our 2 best holding midfielders of the last decade.
    Last edited by moicher; 08-10-2021 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clarification

Just wondering why a song from 10 years ago gets mentioned for Fuchs. Why not Harkes? Or any other midfielder from the last 10 years for that matter. Must just be a coincidence eh? Must be because they're both diminutive tenacious players I guess-nothing else right?
    What an absolute load of ****e! I was the one who came up with the idea, purely for 2 reasons. One because they are both very similar type players and two because its one of my favourite United songs( the original obviously) to suggest its got anything to do with race is absolute nonsense.

I'm sure GB who has met my other half would be only too happy to confirm that there is nothing racist about me 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    What an absolute load of ****e! I was the one who came up with the idea, purely for 2 reasons. One because they are both very similar type players and two because its one of my favourite United songs( the original obviously) to suggest its got anything to do with race is absolute nonsense.

I'm sure GB who has met my other half would be only too happy to confirm that there is nothing racist about me 👍
    Gotcha. Cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by moicher View Post
    to be fair Harkes' game has nothing to do with Gomis. Harkes is not a tenacious type like Fuchs and Gomis. That aint to do with colour it's to do with how they play. I can see why you say what you say but the Gomis song is a great one and the flip-side is that we cant use it in case people think its to do with colour which seems bolllocks. they are very similar in playing style. Combative and tenacious. Both were my favourite players at the time too. I just bought a Fuchs badge so it's official. My opinion is the Fuchs is better so perhaps he needs a new song. Name a white player who plays like either that we have had! They are our 2 best holding midfielders of the last decade.
    Fair and well put answer. BTW ADS, the original song had it’s lyrics changed to what they are now as the first incarnation was Jim Davidson-esque.

Fair and well put answer. BTW ADS, the original song had it’s lyrics changed to what they are now as the first incarnation was Jim Davidson-esque.
    So one is a fair and well put answer, the other one is a cool story, I dont suppose that's got anything at all to do with the fact that I'm still under your skin? Not interested in your Jim Davidson story tbh, I've never heard that version and racism was never anything to do with my song idea for Jeando Fuchs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    So one is a fair and well put answer, the other one is a cool story, I dont suppose that's got anything at all to do with the fact that I'm still under your skin? Not interested in your Jim Davidson story tbh, I've never heard that version and racism was never anything to do with my song idea for Jeando Fuchs.
    No one said it was racist. I asked a question. Moicher answered intelligently with valid reasons. You took a strop as usual. Jim Davidson story? There was a huge hullabaloo with supporters on here about the original Jimmy Gomis song--so much so that the lyrics were changed(quite rightly) to what they are now. As for you being under my skin?? 😂 😂. You're the one that goes missing and sulking from boards. Chin up son.

No one said it was racist. I asked a question. Moicher answered intelligently with valid reasons. You took a strop as usual. Jim Davidson story? There was a huge hullabaloo with supporters on here about the original Jimmy Gomis song--so much so that the lyrics were changed(quite rightly) to what they are now. As for you being under my skin?? 😂 😂. You're the one that goes missing and sulking from boards. Chin up son.
    More nonsense, keep it up 👍

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Have you checked with Jeando that he definitely hates Dundee? We shouldn't be taking this for granted. Should we be on the safe side and change it to "no very keen on Dundee" Probably doesn't scan as well.
    I mean I can't see 10,000 Arabs singing Jimmy Fuchs he's no very keen on Dundee

Right enough.

But to be fair the Duracell boy probably does hate them because they are total w ankers 🧡

I would suspect Dundee don't enter his thoughts which is far more damning. Doesn't make for a catchy tune though.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)