+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2023/24?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    Being a bit of an optimist I can see a late run nudging us into the playoffs.
    Me too. Unless we strengthen at the back, I expect a slow start. We have some great players though, and a manager that I'm confident will get the best out of them in the end.

[Threads merged as suggested]

Remember to click an option to vote in the poll (at the top) if you haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Mansfailed will no doubt be up there in the promotion mix for most if not all the season. Good manager, good squad, good support for this level, and that all important stability.

But Mansfailed will also very likely choke, it's historically what they do when they have a chance to get the job done and gain promotion.
    They are serial chokers, but at the same time, I can't see how they won't eventually go up if they stick with Clough. I'm sure they'll get there eventually, and they'll probably cement themselves as an alright L1 side as well given the financial backing Radford gives.

The Generous John and Non League Nige combo really should have had them in L1 by now, but just like when Fatty Fat Boy Evans was in charge they will find a way to fail. They always do.

The Generous John and Non League Nige combo really should have had them in L1 by now, but just like when Fatty Fat Boy Evans was in charge they will find a way to fail. They always do.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak third this season, but I hope you are right!

Evans would have got them up they were climbing into the top 3 when he quit for Peterborough and then they had a run of draws after he left I seem to remember.

Big call to call Stone a dodgy keeper after two games. Lets hope it turns out to be the equivalent of last season's '10 minute wonder'

A pacey CB isn’t the answer to our defensive frailties. You can have Linford Christie and Usain Bolt as your CB’s but if they can’t read a game or defend properly then you’re still stuffed.

The way we want to play requires defenders capable of playing much higher than L2, can radar pull a couple out of the bag….maybe some Jonny foreigners?!

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Evans would have got them up they were climbing into the top 3 when he quit for Peterborough and then they had a run of draws after he left I seem to remember.
    I agree and that proves my point it's just the Mansfailed way, when things look good and promotion is on, they always find a way to fail#choke. Didn't they fail to even reach the playoffs that season having looked set for top 3?

Will Swan break the curse and make it the YOTS with promotion?

I’ve gone for 12th-15th, but obviously hope to be pleasantly surprised. I do fear we may get a few drubbings this season with our attacking style of play and much-discussed high line, but there are so many unknowns right now we could be end up 10 places higher or lower than midtable.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast