+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicoliar calls

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    We were already in lockdown before Boris "got ill" tho.
    Just wanted to ask you 2 questions.
    You predict lockdown each winter, who do you think wants this?
    Do you blame our covid deaths mainly on Boris seeing as he runs the union?

No political here, genuinely interested.
    No one, except one or two sage folk.

I don't blame the deaths on anyone really, I blame policy for a lot of the things around covid. He dosent run health in Scotland or the decisions made on covid policy in Scotland.....that's Nicoliar.

April 16th was key date for England, Johnson was at chequeres recovering and Dominic rabb (I think) was in charge who agreed to another 3 week 😂 extension of lockdown.

Anyway tee off 11, clubhouse open, rumour has it we maybe allowed to touch some rakes soon.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No one, except one or two sage folk.

I don't blame the deaths on anyone really, I blame policy for a lot of the things around covid. He dosent run health in Scotland or the decisions made on covid policy in Scotland.....that's Nicoliar.

April 16th was key date for England, Johnson was at chequeres recovering and Dominic rabb (I think) was in charge who agreed to another 3 week 😂 extension of lockdown.

Anyway tee off 11, clubhouse open, rumour has it we maybe allowed to touch some rakes soon.🙄
    But Boris called the initial lockdown in March.

For England and Wales.

Ahh see what you mean but I maintain him getting I'll and rabbs decision in April was more important (For eng and wales) Johnson dosent get I'll it may have just been the 1 short lockdown by then it was almost conclusively proved they didn't really work as numbers were falling before 1st lockdown had any effect.

No lockdown, no furlough sturgeon cudnt follow suit....alas there was, she did.

rros proclaims Sweden as examplar with 14,000 deaths yet is in rage mode about Scotgov dealing with a similar number. How do you even deal with that, rros ignored all the guidelines and killed his parents. But its not his fault, blame the SNP. The lack of intelligence is startling.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    rros proclaims Sweden as examplar with 14,000 deaths yet is in rage mode about Scotgov dealing with a similar number. How do you even deal with that, rros ignored all the guidelines and killed his parents. But its not his fault, blame the SNP. The lack of intelligence is startling.
    Sweden ❤

Ahh see what you mean but I maintain him getting I'll and rabbs decision in April was more important (For eng and wales) Johnson dosent get I'll it may have just been the 1 short lockdown by then it was almost conclusively proved they didn't really work as numbers were falling before 1st lockdown had any effect.

No lockdown, no furlough sturgeon cudnt follow suit....alas there was, she did.
    80,000 dead from the lack of 2nd lockdown, what is seriously wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    80,000 dead from the lack of 2nd lockdown, what is seriously wrong with you?
    Scotland has one of the highest death rates in Europe, you can’t look any further than Boris, he told Nippy to send the ill OAP’s back to the nursing homes to spread COVID and die, eh right, blood is on Nippys hands and she knows it

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Scotland has one of the highest death rates in Europe, you can’t look any further than Boris, he told Nippy to send the ill OAP’s back to the nursing homes to spread COVID and die, eh right, blood is on Nippys hands and she knows it
    So very, very wrong and I'll show you why.

There are 44 countries that can be considered as European sovereign states. By this definition Scotland is not a sovereign state so is not included as one of the 44. However -

Scotland has a population of circa 5.5M and has suffered 7,660 total deaths. Quick calculation shows that Scotland is sitting on 1,392 Covid attributed (positive test within 28 days) deaths per million.

UK overall is 1,904 deaths per million and that is currently 11th highest in Europe.

Sweden is sitting at 1,369 deaths per million and is 19th highest in Europe. I'm sure you'll agree that compares very well with Scotland.

Scotland isn't considered separately from the UK as a whole however if it was it would be 19th highest in Europe and Sweden would be 20th.

I'm not saying Sturgeon has handled Covid any better or any worse than BoJo (both have made a right bubbling runt of it IMO) but what I will say is that you're miles off with your assertion that Scotland has one of the highest death rates in Europe - it's roughly middle and sitting just within the second quartile of death rates per million whilst the UK as a whole is performing much worse and is in the first quartile.

ETA - For the record, I didn't count Armenia as a European country as it's technically in Asia. If you count Armenia, 1,408 deaths per million, Scotland is 20th highest and Sweden 21st.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 05-05-2021 at 07:28 PM.

Sweden ❤
    Performing overall just better than Scotland in the death rate charts but are still reporting deaths whilst Scotland seems to have ground almost to a halt.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)