+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Coventry game off

Say we got everyone fit by the end of March (I know it's unlikely but go with the theory) then I have put together two possible lineups of different players that we could select....

1st Team:

Johansson

Olosunde
    Ihiekwe
    Wood
    Robertson
    Giles

Wiles
    Wing
    Lindsay
    Crooks

Smith

2nd Team:

Blackman

Harding
    A MacDonald
    Ihiekwe
    Mattock

S MacDonald
    Barlaser
    Sadlier
    Ogbene
    Clarke

Ladapo

Not selected: Hirst, Jozefzoon

I put together the two teams to demonstrate how we could switch between teams with the congested schedule. Obviously this is in a scenario where we get no injuries or suspensions so it won't be quite like this. However, we could have the players to rotate in the final weeks of the season.

I appreciate I selected Ihiekwe for both, I had to select a CB twice so just plucked his name.

If we try to arrange a fixture on a Thursday then the opposition aren't going to like it as they will have to play on the Saturday

Perhaps it's time to consider midweek lunchtime KO's to give a few more hours recovery time. It will affect the I player viewings but we've got bigger fish to fry.

The International break is still the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Say we got everyone fit by the end of March (I know it's unlikely but go with the theory) then I have put together two possible lineups of different players that we could select....

1st Team:

Johansson

Olosunde
    Ihiekwe
    Wood
    Robertson
    Giles

Wiles
    Wing
    Lindsay
    Crooks

Smith

2nd Team:

Blackman

Harding
    A MacDonald
    Ihiekwe
    Mattock

S MacDonald
    Barlaser
    Sadlier
    Ogbene
    Clarke

Ladapo

Not selected: Hirst, Jozefzoon

I put together the two teams to demonstrate how we could switch between teams with the congested schedule. Obviously this is in a scenario where we get no injuries or suspensions so it won't be quite like this. However, we could have the players to rotate in the final weeks of the season.
    Wow...no Harding?

What are the chances of someone getting covid twice?

The likelihood is slim so the effected players from the first bout will be clear. That 4 out of the normal starting 11.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Wow...no Harding?
    Re look at the 2nd team, have him at RB

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What are the chances of someone getting covid twice?

The likelihood is slim so the effected players from the first bout will be clear. That 4 out of the normal starting 11.
    Depends frog. Apparently the Kent version is now prevalent up here. When we first had the bug it was a different version. The kent one is more virulent by all accounts as well. Then of course there are other sttrains. Could they have picked up the South African or Brazilian bug on their travels? Or a completely new un even?

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Depends frog. Apparently the Kent version is now prevalent up here. When we first had the bug it was a different version. The kent one is more virulent by all accounts as well. Then of course there are other sttrains. Could they have picked up the South African or Brazilian bug on their travels? Or a completely new un even?
    It’s more common than most folks think.

Like the flu jab, when you have it they warn that it’s been formulated to fight the strain they are expecting. You can have the jab and still catch flu.

Covid works in a similar manner.

These cancellations are going to make things look a bit weird.

After the weekend should Birmingham beat Bristol ( which they might) then we are 6 points behind them but 4 games in hand, one of which is v Brentford

Then it looks very dicey needing 2 wins out of 4 games to catch Birmingham, who on the basis of winning one and confidence being higher could start to do well.

If Birmingham lose however they are 3 in front but played 4 games more so that looks a lot rosier for us.

I’m not a great fan of games in hand to be honest. They give a distorted view of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    These cancellations are going to make things look a bit weird.

After the weekend should Birmingham beat Bristol ( which they might) then we are 6 points behind them but 4 games in hand, one of which is v Brentford

Then it looks very dicey needing 2 wins out of 4 games to catch Birmingham, who on the basis of winning one and confidence being higher could start to do well.

If Birmingham lose however they are 3 in front but played 4 games more so that looks a lot rosier for us.

I’m not a great fan of games in hand to be honest. They give a distorted view of reality
    True its no good having games in hand if we don't do owt with the buggers. In the end its what we do that counts. 50 points I think should see us safe but looking at the predictor maybe a few less wins will do us. But we know we need at least one win to start with or 3 draws or we are down for sure.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast