+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT The Ashes & Notts CCC

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I bet some netball player we've never heard of will be sports personality of the year.
    Maybe not:

"But Stokes, 11-1 to be man of the match, continued his dream summer and Paddy Power have paid out on him being named BBC Sports Personality of the Year. Bet365 and Betway make him 1-4 for the award".

A white male? BBC SPOTY?
    In a year when the Lionesses (sic) qualified for the World Cup?
    Stacey Dooley has more chance of winning than Ben Stokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm not sure how that works or if I'm wrong (slim chance, although I was once before in 2009),

I remember that, August 12th at half past two wasn't it?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-08-2019 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Fixed quote code cockup

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I remember that, August 12th at half past two wasn't it?
    14:23 and 17 seconds. I wrote it down for moments like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    14:23 and 17 seconds. I wrote it down for moments like this.
    Waiting for Elite to tell you that you are all wrong about the time and date because he has the moment saved in message he sent to himself for just this scenario so that he can be right again.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Waiting for Elite to tell you that you are all wrong about the time and date because he has the moment saved in message he sent to himself for just this scenario so that he can be right again.
    Why didn't I think of that?

... come on Snhd 1, you're slipping.
    On other matters, I wonder if our Scotch friends and neighbours are recovering their composure and dismay at the Engerland win ...

What we witnessed yesterday was something English sports fans absolutely live for, one man, the underdog the odds stacked against him who knew we were dead and buried and just got his head down and thought f**k it im going to have a bloody go, noone would have critised him had he fallen just short,it would still have been an heroic effort but this morning he wakes up a legend, i wish our players had had that kind of spirit last season a little bit of it this season would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... come on Snhd 1, you're slipping.
    On other matters, I wonder if our Scotch friends and neighbours are recovering their composure and dismay at the Engerland win ...
    It is quite odd but my late father in law born in Greenock thoroughly enjoyed cricket and probably was able to have the best of both worlds by enjoying England’s success and taking the mickey out of me when they were krap. My Aberdonian colleague enjoys his cricket too and I was out with him and a couple of colleagues from Inverness last week and was amazed to find that one of them also thoroughly enjoyed England’s World Cup victory. He was the last person I expected to be watching cricket let alone enjoying an English victory. Funnily enough he said he did not enjoy the longer version of the game as it was too boring but whether his opinion has changed any after yesterday I will find out when I next speak with him!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456