+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh the irony

No I wasn't at Plainmoor that day thankfully but I've been in enough away ends following Notts during my time as a supporter to know all about the comments and advice shouted from the die hards who travel further than most.

So the hordes wanted Notts to sack their Head Coach at the start of April after the heavy defeat? Interesting if he had we would be poorer for it and he probably wouldn't be at FGR in L1 as we speak.

A lot of the comments and on here were misguided unless you ignore actual stats and video footage. But it suited the narrative so that didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No I wasn't at Plainmoor that day thankfully but I've been in enough away ends following Notts during my time as a supporter to know all about the comments and advice shouted from the die hards who travel further than most.

So the hordes wanted Notts to sack their Head Coach at the start of April after the heavy defeat? Interesting if he had we would be poorer for it and he probably wouldn't be at FGR in L1 as we speak.

A lot of the comments and on here were misguided unless you ignore actual stats and video footage. But it suited the narrative so that didn't matter.
    I dont watch one sided video footage or take any notice of stats. I'm more than capable of seeing for myself what's happening at the games.. But on a brighter, note lets hope the new guy is the one to take us to the next level..

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I dont watch one sided video footage or take any notice of stats. I'm more than capable of seeing for myself what's happening at the games.. But on a brighter, note lets hope the new guy is the one to take us to the next level..
    I wasn't talking about one sided footage showing highlights of the game produced by the club, I meant how many goals we scored and conceded from set pieces, and how many goals we conceded directly from p!ssing about, sorry passing about at the back.

Video footage can certainly help jog peoples memories. Sometimes people want to see things that just aren't there to support their narrative especially if they have an #agenda. Plus more importantly the stats don't lie on this sort of thing, unless ncfcog is lying to us all

Let's hope so indeed, he comes across well on his recent interview and Q&A but as always 'talk is cheap' but its a good start. A nice positive oulook in these summer months is just want the fanbase and NCM need

I find that that quite disturbing, if true, given the run we were on when we lost to Torquay, that fans en mass were booing and telling IB to get out of our club.
    That means LW can expect the same, if he isn't able to get us in the top three and play football that the 'die hards' want.
    In his chats in the two podcasts just put out, LW stated the reason he came here was because he was impressed how well the club was run, and that everyone had the club's best interests at heart. It would be a shame if he were hounded out by petulant fans.

I wasn't talking about one sided footage showing highlights of the game produced by the club, I meant how many goals we scored and conceded from set pieces, and how many goals we conceded directly from p!ssing about, sorry passing about at the back.

Video footage can certainly help jog peoples memories. Sometimes people want to see things that just aren't there to support their narrative especially if they have an #agenda. Plus more importantly the stats don't lie on this sort of thing, unless ncfcog is lying to us all

Let's hope so indeed, he comes across well on his recent interview and Q&A but as always 'talk is cheap' but its a good start. A nice positive oulook in these summer months is just want the fanbase and NCM need
    The Law of averages suggest that we have to get it right at some point.. But we are Notts, and we tend to defy all of those rules.

If you had travelled all that way to see us losing 5 . 1 and continually knocking the ball across the back and to have 2 muppets standing on the touchline with there hands in the pockets.. What do expect, a round of applause..

If you had travelled all that way to see us losing 5 . 1 and continually knocking the ball across the back and to have 2 muppets standing on the touchline with there hands in the pockets.. What do expect, a round of applause..
    No that would be lunacy. I'd expect boos, naughty words and anger from the paying Notts support and rightly so. That tends to happen when you lose 5-1 lol

I remember that being the case away at Rushden under Mills with the same scoreline. Now that was a day when the shouts to remove the manager were valid we were 2nd bottom at the time and smashed by our relegation rivals.

Not in April not when you are headed for the playoffs. Not the time to change the head coach regardless what the educated die hard hordes think.

No that would be lunacy. I'd expect boos, naughty words and anger from the paying Notts support and rightly so. That tends to happen when you lose 5-1 lol

I remember that being the case away at Rushden under Mills with the same scoreline. Now that was a day when the shouts to remove the manager were valid we were 2nd bottom at the time and smashed by our relegation rivals.

Not in April not when you are headed for the playoffs. Not the time to change the head coach regardless what the educated die hard hordes think.
    I totally agree, but we did the previous season when we sacked Ardley..

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I don't disagree, and I don't really see it as an either/or situation. More a case of 'we need both'.

Based on everything we've heard, the new manager is likely to continue the philosophy of trying to dominate possession, and you're right that if you don't have a couple of box-to-box midfielders in your squad of sufficient quality, then it will limit your attacking options and make it more difficult for players like Palmer to play through balls and the wing-backs to pick up midfielders attacking the box late. You may also be right that the current players most likely to be asked to play that role are not consistent enough to be reliable.

All that said, there will be games next season, as there were last, where the opposition simply don't allow us to dominate the ball the way we want to. We really struggled against big, aggressive teams who pressed us, and invariably we lost the battle and the match. In those games we need the size and aggression in midfield to win the battle before we can start to play, and sadly, at present, we don't have a single midfielder who really gives us that option. Indeed, when you look at the 'Annual Squad' thread, the midfield looks pitifully weak, and if we don't come out on top in the middle of the park then the seemingly impressive attacking talent we're signing won't get the chance to make their ability tell against the better teams.
    Well said, we all seem to agree that we need a new Mid to go straight into the first team. The only discussion is the profile and attributes needed. On my hols, but will be checking this, going to be very interesting who we get

I totally agree, but we did the previous season when we sacked Ardley..
    Maybe that's what gave them the idea to call for the sacking of another manager/head coach

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast