+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Score, scorers and attendance predictions vs. Altrincham 07.10.20 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Of course we are.

It is possible however to want him to succeed, but still say we don't think he's capable of succeeding.
    Of course it is. That's circa 90% of all Notts managers I've witnessed as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    ...I will give Ardley ,our owners & the team the benefit of the doubt & get behind them 100% not like some apparently. COYP
    I don't see how getting behind Ardley will make the slightest difference to any game before or after it's played, nor will any anti-Ardley diatribe. We on here can rant and rave against him or we can praise him to high heaven, but it won't make the slightest difference to Ardley or to the outcome of the next game or our progress through the season. Virtue signalling is meaningless on a fans' forum. To state that you want him gone now or to plead for for him to be given time gives no-one the higher moral ground. So, how do you get behind him?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Notts 2
    Altrincham 1

Wootton
    Sloth
    (he won't be leaving that quickly)
    You were saying!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Christ, I hope NA’s pre-match talk is more inspired than those 20 minutes. Very flat from our glorious leader. Says he’s hating not having the fans in grounds - but he might be grateful for that tomorrow if we have another no-show from the players like against York.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I don't see how getting behind Ardley will make the slightest difference to any game before or after it's played, nor will any anti-Ardley diatribe. We on here can rant and rave against him or we can praise him to high heaven, but it won't make the slightest difference to Ardley or to the outcome of the next game or our progress through the season. Virtue signalling is meaningless on a fans' forum. To state that you want him gone now or to plead for for him to be given time gives no-one the higher moral ground. So, how do you get behind him?
    I asked the same question a day or two ago. I really want Notts to win but I don't rate Ardley, so am I behind him or not? If not, given those views how do I get behind him? Do I have to pretend that I think he's a good manager? Any help much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    I think there will be a slight improvement from Notts so a 0-2 defeat.
    After Dover getting thrashed by Bromley I'd like to revise my prediction to 0-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    After Dover getting thrashed by Bromley I'd like to revise my prediction to 0-4.
    Please please please follow that prediction up with a bet at 300/1.

Would be madness not to

I'll have to go for 0-0 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I asked the same question a day or two ago. I really want Notts to win but I don't rate Ardley, so am I behind him or not? If not, given those views how do I get behind him? Do I have to pretend that I think he's a good manager? Any help much appreciated.
    That is such a weird question to ask yourself. He's the manager of the team you want to see win. There is your answer, as you've said yourself you would love to be proved wrong about him. So you've already answered this weird question.

Have you had to pretend that past Notts managers were good managers at the time? Like Chris Kiwomya or John Sheridan, did you pretend then?

Hi Laddo

I don't believe in gambling... in fact I loathe it.

A couple of seasons ago - you can check the threads if you like - I predicted Notts for the dreaded "R" word and was roundly ridiculed.

Best regards
    Marcus

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast