+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OT General Election apathy.

Yeah, I’m going to vote for what benefits society as a whole

( honest, really I will). ��

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yeah, I’m going to vote for what benefits society as a whole

( honest, really I will). ��
    Wryly put. But I think that scrimping on services and infrastructure only manifests in crap we all see around us and end up moaning about anyway. Crime, **** services, pot holes. You get wot you pay for etc and that's what we see around us.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Wryly put. But I think that scrimping on services and infrastructure only manifests in crap we all see around us and end up moaning about anyway. Crime, **** services, pot holes. You get wot you pay for etc and that's what we see around us.
    And yet the tax take is at its highest level for 70 years.

Where's all the money going?

As opposed to the Brexit vote, where we had a record turnout I think this will be one of the lowest.Both Labour and Conservative are not appealing to the general public.We are all sick of the empty promises that are made just before the election and never kept.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    As opposed to the Brexit vote, where we had a record turnout I think this will be one of the lowest.Both Labour and Conservative are not appealing to the general public.We are all sick of the empty promises that are made just before the election and never kept.
    Polls suggest it will be the lowest since 2005. Labour haven't formed a new government in 27 years, and were very effective in their first term. There hasn't been a change of government with a sizeable majority since then, so although I can understand trust issues with politicians based on behaviours, logically a decent majority coupled with a change of flag would mean Labour could enact their manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Polls suggest it will be the lowest since 2005. Labour haven't formed a new government in 27 years, and were very effective in their first term. There hasn't been a change of government with a sizeable majority since then, so although I can understand trust issues with politicians based on behaviours, logically a decent majority coupled with a change of flag would mean Labour could enact their manifesto.
    Except the Labour manifesto is bulked out with what they aren't going to do rather than what they are going to do ( and importantly how they will pay for it)

Interesting poll here...

Name:  Poll25June.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  10.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    And yet the tax take is at its highest level for 70 years.

Where's all the money going?
    where it always goes to the International bankers and their pet projects like Ukraine

Legit source.

A poll run by a fanzine, owned by a 19 year old former Tory who's decided they weren't extreme enough. Ipsos can rest easy.
    Last edited by UlleyMiller; 26-06-2024 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    Interesting poll here...

Name:  Poll25June.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  10.1 KB

I can see why you chose your username.

You're going to be soooo disappointed on July 5th

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast