+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The National Survey

Quote Originally Posted by StandfreeFM View Post
    With respect, I disagree with you.
    You mean like Nicola's speech yesterday, where Indy was briefly touched on late on?

And what did we get, the three stooges, backed by most of the MSM telling anyone who would listen that Niocola needs to stop talking about independence.

The verdict is in, there's three parties won't stop talking about it, and it's none of the pro-indy parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post

Every other party in politics have a manifesto in what they think is the best way to run things. The SNP have an obsession, managing the country is secondary.
    And yet everything that happened yesterday proved the opposite, the other parties have one policy - "will the SNP please stop talking about independence" - that's it, they have nothing else.

Meanwhile Nicola announced a string of initiatives going forward, while not completely forgetting the whole point of the SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    And yet everything that happened yesterday proved the opposite, the other parties have one policy - "will the SNP please stop talking about independence" - that's it, they have nothing else.

Meanwhile Nicola announced a string of initiatives going forward, while not completely forgetting the whole point of the SNP.
    Just as I have been saying, made a speech about going forward and still found time to harp on about another vote. No need for that at present, they have had their answer.

And the Unionist parties have had their answer. They got rinsed.

The guardians of democracy should respect those results too

Just as I have been saying, made a speech about going forward and still found time to harp on about another vote. No need for that at present, they have had their answer.
    But there IS a need for that at present. is there a democratic party anywhere that's just gonme through two elections and come out so far ahead of the rest, ever?

The voters are demanding independence is an option, something to be discussed and looked at again. Many NO voters have said they made a mistake, wished they could vote again. I've yet to hear a YES voter say the same.

Just because you, and the three stooges, think we should stop talking about it (because they're terrified eh?) doesn't mean it should be, or will be.

But there IS a need for that at present. is there a democratic party anywhere that's just gonme through two elections and come out so far ahead of the rest, ever?

The voters are demanding independence is an option, something to be discussed and looked at again. Many NO voters have said they made a mistake, wished they could vote again. I've yet to hear a YES voter say the same.

Just because you, and the three stooges, think we should stop talking about it (because they're terrified eh?) doesn't mean it should be, or will be.
    Terrified, no, just expect a democratically elected government to respect a democratic vote, got me with the three stooges comment, don't know who or what you are referring to.

Terrified, no, just expect a democratically elected government to respect a democratic vote, got me with the three stooges comment, don't know who or what you are referring to.
    Rennie, Ruthy and Kez.

And again, they are respecting a democratic vote, twice running now the SNP have run away with elections in Scotland, it's time the stooges did the same and respected what people want to talk about.

Regardless of what you think of independence, surely everyone can agree this survey is mince though. The questions are ludicrously shallow, and there's already people boasting about just filling in 10 themselves with fake names. The only thing the SNP will actually gain from it is the details of a whole load of people they can target for advertising purposes later.

The whole thing is just there to keep the activists busy, to distract them from champing at the bit for a couple of months while Nicola tries to work out a new economic case. If she had her way she wouldn't hold another vote at least until after the next Westminster election, when thanks to Jeremy burying the last shards of the Labour party she'll be guaranteed to have a Tory government to point at Scotland not electing. But she's at risk of being railroaded into it long before she's ready...hence a big pointless exercise to keep her member base busy.

I do enjoy the rhetoric about how it's just the opposition parties that are talking about independence though. When she's literally launched a national conversation about it within the past week.

Rennie, Ruthy and Kez.

And again, they are respecting a democratic vote, twice running now the SNP have run away with elections in Scotland, it's time the stooges did the same and respected what people want to talk about.
    The leaders of three parties who hold differing views from the SNP, stooges, OK. For what it's worth I don't hold any of them in high regard either but they are just people following their political beliefs. The SNP won both elections to run the country hands down, they also followed their beliefs, called a referendum and were beaten. That should in my opinion be it for the time being, I know you hold a different view and we could go on for ever more arguing the different cases.
    I have enjoyed the discussions. Btw congrats on winning the AFC top.

Well, what a waste of fu(king time that was.

I wonder what % of the 2,000,000 they actually received? So all their subterfuge and bluster, their summer offensive has been a complete dud. Hopefully they will take from this (and the Yougov poll out today) that the majority of the people of Scotland do not want another referundum and would prefer it if the SNP Government would get on with the task of running the country.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast