+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kewells comments post match

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
    Up front I would like to see Stead and Campbell.
    Quite an interesting idea. The truth is that both Hemmings and Dennis have been massive disappointments, yet seem to have escaped any real criticism on here. You can point to poor service, but we are creating a few chances and this pair just aren't taking advantage of them. They have proved in the past that they are more than capable players at this level, but both have offered a similar goal threat to Steve Scoffham while wearing a Notts shirt.

Maybe being dropped in favour of a veteran and a ****ager might just give them the almighty kick up the arse they appear to need.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Quite an interesting idea. The truth is that both Hemmings and Dennis have been massive disappointments, yet seem to have escaped any real criticism on here. You can point to poor service, but we are creating a few chances and this pair just aren't taking advantage of them. They have proved in the past that they are more than capable players at this level, but both have offered a similar goal threat to Steve Scoffham while wearing a Notts shirt.

Maybe being dropped in favour of a veteran and a ****ager might just give them the almighty kick up the arse they appear to need.
    We can point the finger at so many players. The wingers for not providing the service to the forwards.
    The forwards for not making runs into space and defending from the front.
    The midfielders for not providing the defence with support and for not tracking back.
    The defence for not putting their bodies on the line to stop shots and for back peddling past the dressing rooms and out to the team bus.
    The keeper for being in the firing line and has given up all hope.
    I don't care if we have the worst footballers ever known, but if they would put effort in and show some passion and fight, then I would support them. However, they are not showing this and I would like them to be stripped of their places from the starting 11

I would go 4-5-1 next week with the priority being to keep a clean sheet - anything beyond that would be a bonus. I’d play Kellett and Hewitt in the centre of the park with the brief of snapping at heels, and Husin ahead of them with no defensive duties (because he wouldn’t do them anyway). If he’s not fit, try Patching in that role. Start with Hemmings up top, bring Stead on if it’s not working.

HK will be in the bizarre situation of being up in the director’s box again, so at least he’ll get a good view of what the problems are.

Quite an interesting idea. The truth is that both Hemmings and Dennis have been massive disappointments, yet seem to have escaped any real criticism on here.
    I fear that every penny we have spent in the summer has been invested unwisely. Dennis scored a few in a Chesterfield team that went down, which is never a good sign. Before that he played non-league football. Hemmings, I think, may be less of a lost cause but is still not going to score 20 goals a season. Surely worse value, given that he's probably on a fair wedge, is Vaughan or Vaughn or Welsh Red, whatever you want to call him. Wtf has he added to proceedings? Likewise Thomas.

Can't we just admit it hasn't worked, blame Nolan and move on with last year's team with Enzio replacing Hawkridge and concentrate on getting a GK and DCM in as a matter of urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    You are absolutely right. We have a designer manager with no experience ignoring the obvious problems (after watching three games) defending players who don't deserve to be defended. They are paid ridiculous money to follow their dreams but all they do is raise two fingers at the chairman and fans. Kewell isn't Mel Gibson playing Braveheart but an Aussie footballer who appears to care more for his looks than telling the players to get their fingers out - in case he upsets them and damages his self-made image. And for all those saying that he's only been in the job for a week, his time so far would have been spent better watching all the match replays since Christmas last. The problems are obvious and what is needed now is a bulldog and not a lap dog.
    And you can judge all that after 1 league game in charge? Unbelievable.

Quite an interesting idea. The truth is that both Hemmings and Dennis have been massive disappointments, yet seem to have escaped any real criticism on here.
    I can not believe I am saying this, but I agree with this 100%. I believe the reason why is because we are scoring goals , but conceding more and that is why everyone behind the front two are facing scrutiny. However, if we stopped conceding stupid goals, the we wouldn't be complaining as we would have had points on the board and Nolan would still be manager.

Dennis has been a massive disappointment and should be left on the bench at best IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    100% agree. Nolan should have realised this after two games, and Kewell should do similar.

Nolan has signed the wrong type of midfielders to play a two-man midfield. We simply have to sacrifice one of the two strikers (much as I hate to say it) to get an extra set of midfield legs into the team (Crawford or Patching's opportunity to shine, maybe) and let Vaughan do what he did for Forest, sit in front of the back four and use his passing range to start moves and his reading of the game to break up opposition attacks. He's a good player, but not a central or box-to-box midfielder these days.
    You say let Vaughan sit in front of the back four, from what i have seen that is what he has been doing this season, I'm afraid to say it's like having a passenger in the side ( cannot keep up with play, cannot tackle, constantly loses the ball, and cannot deliver an attacking ball only passes sideways or backwards. I really was expecting a much better player than this who his not at all suited to league two football.

Quote Originally Posted by Moreton_Pie View Post
    It is NOW clear that Notts County FC are in the biggest relegation fight of the club's history. We are a complete shambles. The warning signs have been there for some time but have been ignored at first and now an attempt at patching them over have failed and will continue to do so until people are made to pay for their mistakes and not continually played week I week out whatever the result. Kewell get your head out of the sand and drop the dross for someone who will at least try. If you can't change this bunch of tossers resign now! They are killing our famous club, founder members of the football league and we're fecking bottom of the whole pile. Shame on you lot for even pulling that famous shirt on. Kick the ****s out!!!
    Don't say that Moreton you will get accused of being bitter! But what you say is 100% correct and it starts from the top. No planning, no recruitment strategy, poor advice. This has been coming for a long time but some people can't see the wood from the trees. Our club is in a very precarious position without a doubt. A total shambles from top to bottom.

Got to agree with grumpy on this and yesterday's match thread. Maybe the right manager but at the wrong time, we need to start grinding out some nil nils if we have to just to get going and get out of the bottom two. We can worry about the tippy tappy stuff later although I agree with a few other posters as in nothing wrong with playing like that but you must have a solid defence and will to work off the ball first before anything else and not sure we can do anything remotely like that at the moment. Kewell has got a right job on make no mistake.

Going back to this threads title....
    Harry allegedly commented....I'm not happy," added Kewell. "I'm frustrated because I knew what Exeter were going to bring. They changed their whole team up to suit how we play."

So glad you knew that Harry and managed to keep them down to only FIVE!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast