+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The DERRY

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I'd imagine, and hope, that DFCSS would back the implementation of the licensing restrictions imposed upon the club in order to ensure that The Derry could remain open. One of those restrictions being the requirement to allow turnstile entry by valid ticket only.
    Could comply without backing, I'd hope they would vehemently oppose but that's me probably hoping for a different minority fans group.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    jdfc, why do you think Billy Dodds was not appointed assistant manager? I would have thought the obvious answer was because
    JN does listen. As far as DFCSS backing the two Q system, I don't know the answer, but one would hope that all supporters would want to encourage as many fans to turn up to games and to make the experience an enjoyable one, difficult enough with the state of the team at present!!
    It took a lot of emails, letters, phone calls, fans threatening to hand back season tics and fans handing back season tics otherwise he was in.

It's left a lot of bad feeling and a slight apathy towards McIntyre.

Obviously I don't have the answers BC, I only know what I've seen with my own eyes and heard with my own ears, unfortunately I've banged my head against enough walls but there are some posters on here that simply won't believe me. I've no reason to disbelieve anything I've seen or heard and from what I know I would highly doubt the police and licensing authority would ever sanction the return of a cash turnstile at the SE.

I queued for a ticket at the club shop for an additional juvenile I was taking along to the recent St. Johnstone debacle and have to say that some of what you're saying is not correct.

Firstly there was one clearly marked separate desk with its own queue for pre paid ticket collection and there were two for on the day 'PATG' purchases. I joined the PATG queue outside the shop and made a point of timing myself from joining it to leaving the shop, it was just over 2 minutes. Is 2 minutes really that much? I was certainly pleasantly surprised at how quick and efficient it was after reading how much people are complaining about it and how it's reducing our attendances. People going to the pre paid collection point basically went in, picked up tickets and left without any kind of queue. I'd expect that when that desk is free they would sell to the PATG queue from there too.

Secondly the restriction on the SE isn't that you have to have a ticket for a designated seat but that the ticket has to be bought in advance of the game and presented at the turnstile to gain admission. The only places the club can currently facilitate this are online and the club shop. The idea of handing cash over at the turnstile is a non starter whether being issued a ticket for a designated seat or not.

I personally don't know why the club can't provide a printable ticket by email or download that can be presented at the turnstile when you buy online. Surely this would address part of the issue at the SE, at least for those that can buy in advance online? Having said that some people would find fault with that system somehow or other. Another alternative is to construct a second office at the gates at the bottom of the old stairway. Wouldn't need much - a secure entry, laptop, ticket printer and couple of volunteers to man it. Probably wouldn't take too much to convert some of the old turnstiles for this purpose. Make it the only place you can get SE PATG tickets but obviously would still require the dreaded second queue and therefore some would still whinge.
    Defeatist attitude if you think a licensing issue cud not be reversed, we have criminal cabbies, criminal publicans, criminal politicians and criminal polis in this toon but a sprained ankle and knock Doon cannot have a license decision overturned or looked at again????

Lack of will by the club, lack of fight from "fans leaders" and lack of common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Could comply without backing, I'd hope they would vehemently oppose but that's me probably hoping for a different minority fans group.
    I'd hope they'd back it on the basis that failing to implement and properly manage the restrictions might see the permanent closure of that part of the ground.

Defeatist attitude if you think a licensing issue cud not be reversed, we have criminal cabbies, criminal publicans, criminal politicians and criminal polis in this toon but a sprained ankle and knock Doon cannot have a license decision overturned or looked at again????

Lack of will by the club, lack of fight from "fans leaders" and lack of common sense.
    Spot on, but you speak up your a moan

Once again you've chosen to ignore my perfectly cogent arguments for the club not appealing this decision. Refer to post #50. I would also say it's not the club's fault the council and police are happy to let 'criminals' drive taxis and run pubs.

As regards fans' leaders. Are you saying the DSA should be doing more to fight the fans' corner on this subject? Or do they just sit back and let DFCSS take all your flak?

I'd hope they'd back it on the basis that failing to implement and properly manage the restrictions might see the permanent closure of that part of the ground.
    The club, the fans groups and the fans could have this changed, these councillors hang onto their jobs by the slimmest of margins....it cud and shud be changed

Once again you've chosen to ignore my perfectly cogent arguments for the club not appealing this decision. Refer to post #50. I would also say it's not the club's fault the council and police are happy to let 'criminals' drive taxis and run pubs.

As regards fans' leaders. Are you saying the DSA should be doing more to fight the fans' corner on this subject? Or do they just sit back and let DFCSS take all your flak?
    I ignore nothing and Jdfc remembers everything.....cud combo.😎

Yes I am, what flak???, they really don't care about flak, last time anyone cared about flak was when you and your mate were involved and for a short period I thought yep....heading in the right direction.

I ignore nothing and Jdfc remembers everything.....cud combo.��

Yes I am, what flak???, they really don't care about flak, last time anyone cared about flak was when you and your mate were involved and for a short period I thought yep....heading in the right direction.
    Believe me there was flak.

I thought we could have taken it in the right direction but impetus went as we both had significant changes in work commitments, I also had issues with some aspect of the society structure. DSA is the organisation that the club speaks to. you should take your observations to them. Not sure about you but pretty sure JDFC is a member of a DSA affiliated club - time to start making them work for the fans they represent?

Forget the SLO by the way, I emailed him with some questions after the Rangers game and didn't get the courtesy of a reply.

Believe me there was flak.

I thought we could have taken it in the right direction but impetus went as we both had significant changes in work commitments, I also had issues with some aspect of the society structure. DSA is the organisation that the club speaks to. you should take your observations to them. Not sure about you but pretty sure JDFC is a member of a DSA affiliated club - time to start making them work for the fans they represent?

Forget the SLO by the way, I emailed him with some questions after the Rangers game and didn't get the courtesy of a reply.
    I believe there was flak when you were involved I've never disputed that and I think to a certain degree it bothered you and Bobba BUT I always thought I was open to have my mind changed and it did for a short period.

I thought you meant flak now which I hardly ever give them apart from passing comment as I find them a bit of an irrelevance (sorry b cram).

This is why most of my ire is directed at most respected and Nelms, really pointless directing it at the "fans groups".

I'm not a member of any club, Jdfc can speak for himself cause I'm no sure if their club is affiliated or not.

The issue won't go away Deeranged as like me I think your highly sceptical about this new stadium.

We have the worst atmosphere of any top level club maybe bar Hamilton and nobody seems to give two ****s.

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)