+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Phil Windsor Prosecution Watch

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Yet Mr Windsor survived eh. One helluva guy.
    Probably just lucky. You are pyssing on a lot of war graves with your dismissive attitude to the risk of serving, but maybe you just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Nope. Lorry drivers mainly.

I went to a comprehensive school in Rotherham and had time on free school meals. I represent people across the income and 'social' spectrum and they all get the same service (though I may tailor my communication style).

What do you say is the public interest in prosecuting Phillip now? What would it achieve?
    Your background is irrelevant. I cannot imagine many poor people are amongst those you represent trying to cling onto their licence and escape the consequences of their actions on the road.

The public interest would be to publicise in a high profile case the consequences, in terms of potential fatalities, of pulling out onto a main road when you could not see what was coming and to show that both prince and pauper are treated in an equal manner by the law, even more so with the guilty party showing his contempt for the law two days later.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-02-2019 at 03:56 PM.

He told us all a while back SB that legal aid being withdrawn from many potential users had made dealing with legal aid cases not worth the trouble & hence his change of focus [substitute focus for paymaster]

Probably just lucky. You are pyssing on a lot of war graves with your dismissive attitude to the risk of serving, but maybe you just don't care.
    The opposite I would suggest. The poor beggars in the front line are the ones in the war graves and are the ones I care about, not the Officers milking the glory later.

Below the belt effort at claiming the moral high ground there Kerr. Not worthy of you. I thought you said you were a facts and logic man, not one for personal insults.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-02-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    He told us all a while back SB that legal aid being withdrawn from many potential users had made dealing with legal aid cases not worth the trouble & hence his change of focus [substitute focus for paymaster]
    Bet you can't find a link to me saying that. If you can, I never post on here again. If you can't, you apologise for your lie. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The opposite I would suggest. The poor beggars in the front line are the ones in the war graves and are the ones I care about, not the Officers milking the glory later.

Below the belt effort at claiming the moral high ground there Kerr. Not worthy of you. I thought you said you were a facts and logic man, not one for personal insults.
    It was a statement of fact, not an insult.

When bombs were dropped on ships, they didn't discriminate. Officers and other ranks died just the same.

As for the front line thing, take a look at myth 4 here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25776836

I want to say that I don't blame you - that you watched too much Blackadder - but the fact is that I do. You have internet access, you have little excuse for ignorance, but your prejudice just drives you on. And those are statements of fact too.

Before you get all cross and resentful at me, you could think about what you posted and own it.

Philip has been on the edge of public disapproval for years with his racist, condescending insults & ill advised comments based on his very privileged position looking down on most
    so in answer to Kerrs comments earlier yes I am prejudiced toward him, justifiably in my opinion

Bet you can't find a link to me saying that. If you can, I never post on here again. If you can't, you apologise for your lie. Deal?
    I remember Kerr saying that about doing little or no legal aid now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Philip has been on the edge of public disapproval for years with his racist, condescending insults & ill advised comments based on his very privileged position looking down on most
    so in answer to Kerrs comments earlier yes I am prejudiced toward him, justifiably in my opinion
    So does your prejudice justify a prosecution? I'm struggling to get an answer to where the public interest would be in prosecuting Phillip now that he has given up his licence.

It was a statement of fact, not an insult.

When bombs were dropped on ships, they didn't discriminate. Officers and other ranks died just the same.

As for the front line thing, take a look at myth 4 here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25776836

I want to say that I don't blame you - that you watched too much Blackadder - but the fact is that I do. You have internet access, you have little excuse for ignorance, but your prejudice just drives you on. And those are statements of fact too.

Before you get all cross and resentful at me, you could think about what you posted and own it.
    That article is about World War One.

Philip Windsor wasn't even born then.

The "insult" was about me not caring about the war dead. You do not know my family history or my attitude to the war dead.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 12-02-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast