+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Are We Actually Going To Sign Anybody else.?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sounds a good idea and particularly good for the pie sales! Careful though you could become known as the Savior (stet).
    I've been called much worse Sub.

Sounds a good idea and particularly good for the pie sales! Careful though you could become known as the Savior (stet).
    I really hope you find your Dark cloud ,....
    Instead of trashing , genuine threads , with non footballing input ,...Why not try a little input ""...

Most replys were made with tongue in cheek,..But Alas ,..Means nothing to you ??

And we get the usual Response from you!!
    All about yourself , and how happy you have become,..With the Brown ale ??

This site would die a death, If it was left to you ...??

Sorry Sub,...But True,

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    I really hope you find your Dark cloud ,....
    Instead of trashing , genuine threads , with non footballing input ,...Why not try a little input ""...

Most replys were made with tongue in cheek,..But Alas ,..Means nothing to you ??

And we get the usual Response from you!!
    All about yourself , and how happy you have become,..With the Brown ale ??

This site would die a death, If it was left to you ...??

Sorry Sub,...But True,
    I asked you footballing questions which you have ignored and yet you tell me that I have trashed the thread with non-footballing input, however, your input is all about trashing me because I am happy!

Ah tongue in cheek ---means nothing to me! You really think that I am so serious about football or life in general? I don't think that I would be so happy if I took things to heart.

Answer the questions then, or is it too difficult?
    I shall repeat them for you: -

When are we sigining a player who will get your approval?
    How much do you want the club to spend in order to keep you happy?
    Where will the club be in 10 years time? An important question when you consider that Owen Coyle thought that Bolton were 10 years ahead of us and look at them now.
    Who do you want to take over the club because you are not happy with the way the Board is going about its business?
    Who is this Savior of whom you speak?
    Are we actually going to sign anybody else?

Don't be sorry because you are not sorry at all. LIkewise, I am not sorry about being happy with life ---and I have not become happy ---I have always been happy!

Now I know why this site is called Clarets Mad ---you have to be an angry bugger to make everyone else feel good.

I will not toe the party line because you don't like people being happy ! So tough!

Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me which threads I am allowed to post on and exactly what you want me to say so that I don't upset the hierarchy.

I asked you footballing questions which you have ignored and yet you tell me that I have trashed the thread with non-footballing input, however, your input is all about trashing me because I am happy!

Ah tongue in cheek ---means nothing to me! You really think that I am so serious about football or life in general? I don't think that I would be so happy if I took things to heart.

Answer the questions then, or is it too difficult?
    I shall repeat them for you: -

When are we sigining a player who will get your approval?
    How much do you want the club to spend in order to keep you happy?
    Where will the club be in 10 years time? An important question when you consider that Owen Coyle thought that Bolton were 10 years ahead of us and look at them now.
    Who do you want to take over the club because you are not happy with the way the Board is going about its business?
    Who is this Savior of whom you speak?
    Are we actually going to sign anybody else?

Don't be sorry because you are not sorry at all. LIkewise, I am not sorry about being happy with life ---and I have not become happy ---I have always been happy!

Now I know why this site is called Clarets Mad ---you have to be an angry bugger to make everyone else feel good.

I will not toe the party line because you don't like people being happy ! So tough!

Perhaps you would be kind enough to tell me which threads I am allowed to post on and exactly what you want me to say so that I don't upset the hierarchy.
    Well Substitute ,...For someone who does not get angry,..you have me fooled !.

I never Said anyone in particular to take over, Just for our Board to have some Ambition,.and maybe a calculated risk,..Or if any takeover, would we get to Know??

When we sign decent players,at the right age, with a Sell on value, Then that would meet my approval.

I Never mentioned any amount of money to spend.!

The club will be in a mess in 10 years time,..If it continues to buy,.over aged Journeymen , again with no sell on.!

What Bolton have do do with it,...is Nothing, Because we are not Bolton.!

Yes, I do hope we sign some up and coming future Internationals

Okay Mr Angry,....Feel better now??

I think we need to get sensible here. Our football club is the shining example of how a small town EPL football club should be run.

We are debt free, we have a first team squad rammed with full international football players and a Development Squad that is being built to bring back the days of a conveyor belt of saleable player assets.

Patience is a virtue and quite frankly Mike Garlick has my full and unequivocal backing and support. Bfcjon will you please leave our resident "Mr Happy" alone and let's get constructive?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think we need to get sensible here. Our football club is the shining example of how a small town EPL football club should be run.
    We are debt free, we have a first team squad rammed with full international football players and a Development Squad that is being built to bring back the days of a conveyor belt of saleable player assets.
    Or alternatively, you could say that by employing a dysfunctional recruitment team, and severely restricting the wage and transfer budget available to him, we are a shining example of how to restrict the potential success which, on a pound for pound basis, probably the best manager in world football could achieve for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Don't worry Jon, nothing bothers Sub, and yes I have told him many times its a message board for debate, conversation and most of all banter, nothing alters my lifestyle regardless of how frustrated I seem to get with our team and Board, its a Message Board and I think the answer is in the title, at least most on here use it as that to discuss and air our views with only Sub continually telling us not to moan as it will not make a difference.
    I envy Supersub because he is so calm and I am a bomb on a hair trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Patience is a virtue and quite frankly Mike Garlick has my full and unequivocal backing and support. Bfcjon will you please leave our resident "Mr Happy" alone and let's get constructive?
    While I total agree with you BT on being patient and not breaking the bank. We have been lacking a creative midfield player for some time now, it is time to show some ambition in this area as patience is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Or alternatively, you could say that by employing a dysfunctional recruitment team, and severely restricting the wage and transfer budget available to him, we are a shining example of how to restrict the potential success which, on a pound for pound basis, probably the best manager in world football could achieve for us.
    You could say that, but it would be conjecture based purely on hypotheticals, as opposed to BT's post which is mostly factual

Quote Originally Posted by GarlickBread View Post
    You could say that, but it would be conjecture based purely on hypotheticals, as opposed to BT's post which is mostly factual
    Nothing hypothetical about any of it.

That we haven't signed a first team player for two years until we managed a cut price deal for Jay, despite numerous attempts, is a fact which would indicate a dysfunctional recruitment team, and the addition of Mr Rigg to the payroll would indicate that the board were unhappy with the situation and have attempted to improve it.
    Sean Dyche himself has said on numerous occasions that we struggle to compete with our wage and transfer budget, so no conjecture there, our manager accepts it as a fact of life at BFC.
    And if there is a manager out there who has achieved more than Dyche on a similar budget, then please name him.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)