+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Films

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    1917 looks and sounds amazing. I would suggest seeing in on the big screen for the full intended experience.
    I did think the lack of a sustainable plot and zero sub plots was a missed opportunity.
    It is stretching 2 hours of screen time just to deliver a message. It moves from one obstruction for the lads to the next.
    It’s not entirely without substance and is well worth watching because of how it looks. It’s an adventure film with war as a backdrop rather than a war film.
    7/10
    The opening tracking sequence is remarkable. The story of overcoming adversity reminded me of The Revenant.
    8/10 for me. The Revenant 10/10.

Our lass wants me to buy .3 billboards film.
    Is it a thumbs up ?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Our lass wants me to buy .3 billboards film.
    Is it a thumbs up ?
    I think it was from a few earlier on this thread.

The Lighthouse just released. Brilliant film

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think it was from a few earlier on this thread.
    Just watched it. Very very good.

I've finally got round to seeing Rocketman about Elton....what a truly emotive film and how he found no love from either parent.

Taron Egerton goes from strength to strength as a formidable actor. This lad may well go to be the next James Bond I kid you not.

Some may say it was all created to make it more make believe etc but, I think it may have well portrayed how Reginald Dwight became Elton John. Have to say it raised a tear to my eye at certain points...but I am a softy where humanity is involved.

Totally out strips the 'Freddie' film.... a massive 10/10 from me.

I’ve been to see JoJo Rabbit tonight. If you enjoy taika waititi‘s quirky films then you’ll love this.
    It’s part satire of the Nazis and part coming of age for a ten year old boy.
    Sam Rockwell is great in everything he’s in.
    It’s not for everyone but I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I've finally got round to seeing Rocketman about Elton....what a truly emotive film and how he found no love from either parent.

Taron Egerton goes from strength to strength as a formidable actor. This lad may well go to be the next James Bond I kid you not.

Some may say it was all created to make it more make believe etc but, I think it may have well portrayed how Reginald Dwight became Elton John. Have to say it raised a tear to my eye at certain points...but I am a softy where humanity is involved.

Totally out strips the 'Freddie' film.... a massive 10/10 from me.
    I've seen both films 3 times Brin and don't think Rocketman is a patch on Bohemian Rhapsody although I love the music in both. As one critic put it, I think Rocketman suffered too much for having Elton as producer because he always wanted to show his life as being 'Billy Elliot" like, even to the extent of picking the 'lad' from Billy Elliot to play Bernie Taupin. I also didn't like the Mary Poppins/Pennies From Heaven approach to having any old Tom, Dick or Harry suddenly break out in song.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’ve been to see JoJo Rabbit tonight. If you enjoy taika waititi‘s quirky films then you’ll love this.
    It’s part satire of the Nazis and part coming of age for a ten year old boy.
    Sam Rockwell is great in everything he’s in.
    It’s not for everyone but I loved it.
    watched this last week. what a strange off the cuff movie as you say rockwell was good. the little fat kid had a great roll though couldnt act for sht..

if you fancy a good movie scum try gentlemen... some great acting from several big stars. hugh grant steals the show.
    its a bit like a posh Hollywood version of peeky blinders

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    watched this last week. what a strange off the cuff movie as you say rockwell was good. the little fat kid had a great roll though couldnt act for sht..

if you fancy a good movie scum try gentlemen... some great acting from several big stars. hugh grant steals the show.
    its a bit like a posh Hollywood version of peeky blinders
    Hugh Grant, the bloke with the same smug accent no matter what film he plays in? Bit like Sean Connery...just cannot change himself no matter what movie......

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast