+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: No football this year

id imagine that the care homes have been told not to and to keep any outbreak within the care homes four walls.also iv heard that anyone over a certain age are being asked to sign DNR forms when in hospital.

on the point re piers morgan if you dont do anything else today listen to the good morning britain interviews he has done with government ministers,esp the one today and indeed the health care ministers lnterview last week and the week before.

Absolutely beggars belief that govt ministers go on gmt and quite clearly cant or wont do their homework,car crash interviews of the highest order.
    front line nhs /care staff without proper ppe since day 1,can't get my head around that level of incompetence
    Last edited by shaded; 28-04-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Just had a thought. Hope piers Morgan reads this notice board! Why don't the care home operators take their residents with covid to a&e at their nearest hospital and get them looked after using all their medical facilities?
    Hi BCram,
    It is not as simple as you may think as I have first hand experience.
    When my father was in a nursing home we were asked if he took ill did we want him treated and looked after in his nursing home or did we want him transferred to Ninewells for treatment. I signed a form stating that if he took unwell with say Covid-19 I was happy for him to be treated and looked after by the qualified nurses in his nursing home rather than be transferred to Ninewells for treatment.
    I am sure that there are countless other nursing home residents whose family have also signed these forms.

Piers Morgan is not too everyone’s taste but those interviews are comedy gold (if the subject matter was funny).
    For a government minister to be on national TV and isn't all over their brief is complete arrogance ,deep down they really don’t care 2 monkeys....
    Incidentally Tony Blair for all his faults and smugness was quite impressive last week being interviewed,clearly had spent the time going over the statistics and numbers these people don’t get caught out on live telly.

Do you think Piers is helping the situations? Seems to me the person who was harangued today was expecting to talk about the current issue of domestic violence. She did this very competently and it seemed to me she had done a good job.

She was berated about the2016 review into the country's ability to cope with a pandemic virus. The report clearly showed that the NHS and everyone involved with health issues were completely unprepared to cope with such an event. Those in charge did nothing. There will be reasons for the decision to kick the issue into the long grass. I think it has been obvious for some time that those who have been involved with running the health service have been unable to get round the difficulty that there is never enough money. Is there any indication of the cost that would have been involved in implementing the measures needed to prepare for a pandemic as set out in the 2016 test? What would have been cut to allow for this?

It's not fine to shout and talk over people. Piers is trying hard to expose the mistakes that have been made, which is fine, but I think he would get more revealing information if he made sure that the person being interviewed knew what the questions would be so that they could give meaningful answers.

Last point, you buy the plastic gloves in boxes of 100. They are all the same and I don't think they are ever sold as pairs of gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hi BCram,
    It is not as simple as you may think as I have first hand experience.
    When my father was in a nursing home we were asked if he took ill did we want him treated and looked after in his nursing home or did we want him transferred to Ninewells for treatment. I signed a form stating that if he took unwell with say Covid-19 I was happy for him to be treated and looked after by the qualified nurses in his nursing home rather than be transferred to Ninewells for treatment.
    I am sure that there are countless other nursing home residents whose family have also signed these forms.
    Thanks Islay. I was trying to point out that the nursing homes are not part of the NHSin the way that hospitals are. I can understand that personal circumstances need to be considered but I have not heard anyone try to defend the care sector, and I think they deserve much more support.

I'd encourage folk to listen to Mike Graham v Peter Hitchins 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The 1st one they spend a lot of the time bickering but 2 3 and 4 are all pretty guid with both laying out their thoughts from either side pretty well.

Admittedly I like Peter Hitchins not as much as The Bomber ❤ but he's up there.

Do you think Piers is helping the situations? Seems to me the person who was harangued today was expecting to talk about the current issue of domestic violence. She did this very competently and it seemed to me she had done a good job.

She was berated about the2016 review into the country's ability to cope with a pandemic virus. The report clearly showed that the NHS and everyone involved with health issues were completely unprepared to cope with such an event. Those in charge did nothing. There will be reasons for the decision to kick the issue into the long grass. I think it has been obvious for some time that those who have been involved with running the health service have been unable to get round the difficulty that there is never enough money. Is there any indication of the cost that would have been involved in implementing the measures needed to prepare for a pandemic as set out in the 2016 test? What would have been cut to allow for this?

It's not fine to shout and talk over people. Piers is trying hard to expose the mistakes that have been made, which is fine, but I think he would get more revealing information if he made sure that the person being interviewed knew what the questions would be so that they could give meaningful answers.

Last point, you buy the plastic gloves in boxes of 100. They are all the same and I don't think they are ever sold as pairs of gloves.
    They are elected members of Parliament if they can’t take criticism what are they really there for ,Morgan can be pedantic no doubt but he’s essentially asking questions that need answers ,why would you give them the heads up on what you were going to ask can they not work that out themselves in the current climate..!!!

How much money is not enough when it comes to the NHS ,have there been cuts undoubtedly but the numbers are huge how much of that money is squandered through bad management/practices you can never have enough if your essentially pouring money down a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    They are elected members of Parliament if they can’t take criticism what are they really there for ,Morgan can be pedantic no doubt but he’s essentially asking questions that need answers ,why would you give them the heads up on what you were going to ask can they not work that out themselves in the current climate..!!!

How much money is not enough when it comes to the NHS ,have there been cuts undoubtedly but the numbers are huge how much of that money is squandered through bad management/practices you can never have enough if your essentially pouring money down a hole.
    I agree with much of what you say Mudskipper. I just think that Piers Morgan is on the right track but he could get so much more out of his guests if he gave them the chance to prepare. Imagine if today's interviewee had been able to explain why the obvious route, of putting in place the recommendations that were needed to prepare for a pandemic had been ignored, and what had been done instead. I am wanting more information, not just some politician being bashed.

He had, on one of the programmes, someone who had made a detailed study of the way other countries had closed down their airports, or tested every person who came off any plane that did land. This was compared with the British attitude that did not test anyone, simply gave them a leaflet and told them to self isolate with no testing or tracing. It was a devastating presentation of facts which showed why Britain is in the state it is.

There was another point that the British scientists/experts decided to call this pandemic something else. The point of this was to address the fact that they could not legally ask the health service to cope with a pandemic abecause they did not have sufficient PPE and oxygen delivery systems and ventilators that were needed to cope with a pandemic. This , to me, was a very damaging allegation. The problem is what do you do. It looks to me as though the whole save the NHS strategy has been a smokescreen to encourage our health service workers to do the only thing possible and that is, to do the best they can with what they have and what can be acquired as quickly as possible. It isn't right and I think things will be different and n future.

I agree with much of what you say Mudskipper. I just think that Piers Morgan is on the right track but he could get so much more out of his guests if he gave them the chance to prepare. Imagine if today's interviewee had been able to explain why the obvious route, of putting in place the recommendations that were needed to prepare for a pandemic had been ignored, and what had been done instead. I am wanting more information, not just some politician being bashed.

He had, on one of the programmes, someone who had made a detailed study of the way other countries had closed down their airports, or tested every person who came off any plane that did land. This was compared with the British attitude that did not test anyone, simply gave them a leaflet and told them to self isolate with no testing or tracing. It was a devastating presentation of facts which showed why Britain is in the state it is.

There was another point that the British scientists/experts decided to call this pandemic something else. The point of this was to address the fact that they could not legally ask the health service to cope with a pandemic abecause they did not have sufficient PPE and oxygen delivery systems and ventilators that were needed to cope with a pandemic. This , to me, was a very damaging allegation. The problem is what do you do. It looks to me as though the whole save the NHS strategy has been a smokescreen to encourage our health service workers to do the only thing possible and that is, to do the best they can with what they have and what can be acquired as quickly as possible. It isn't right and I think things will be different and n future.
    Pretty much agree with the above ,Morgan makes good points but falls into the trap of almost making the debate personnel he needs to learn to step back and let them make their own mistakes ,I think the PM needs to stop sending ministers that are ill prepared for this type of interrogation ,can you imagine if it was Andrew Neill.

The whole save the NHS has been a cover up/smokescreen as you say they have been left to manage through when there has been a clear failing at the top level ,it will never be proven but I’ll bet the decision to not stockpile PPE on the back of evidence was an economic one who knows.

This country has been taking flights into airports and not testing these people,so effectively we have been in lockdown for 5 weeks and the government has left the back door open ,just staggering.

There was another professor on the radio this morning saying test test test it’s the only way to know what your dealing with until there is a vaccine.

Mudskipper, phew, glad I am not alone!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)