+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The wait goes on ...

I would think every team in
    the league could come up with a formula to suit it's own agenda.

Trannies formula would have more credence if it saw them still going down

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I would think every team in
    the league could come up with a formula to suit it's own agenda.
    I thought that around the time Pboro first started kicking off the EFL gave all clubs about 7/10 days to do exactly that; purpose another plan.
    That deadline came and went a couple of weeks ago and the only alternative plan I've heard of from Chief Inspector Barry Fry saying Rotherham United were all muderers and presumably should be slung in gaol and as a reward his club should take our promotion place

But the indecisive EFL have allowed another two weeks to go by with no updates, no comms, no timescales and allowed Tranmere to keep everyone waiting.

I assume there will be another 2-3 weeks to try and understand what they are proposing and then further factions disagreeing with the other clubs. Instead of Rufc and Wycombe being the bad guys it will now be Wimbledon

Sunderland kicking off big time apparently

This is what Tranmere chairman was proposing

a) The league table is calculated using a simple PPG basis;
    b) There is then applied to the table the statistical average actual margin for error over the last 3 years (being +6.3 or – 5.45%);
    c) Teams in the automatic promotion spots even where the margin for error is applied, should be automatically promoted;
    d) Teams in the play-off places or who could be in the play-off places where the margin for error is applied should be invited (but not compelled) to compete in a play-off tournament; and
    e) There would either be no relegations, or relegations only of clubs who would be relegated even after the margin of error has been applied

As far as I can see. last season Tranmere had 3 wins 4 draws. From last 9 games.
    Wimbledon 1 win 5 draws from last 9
    Didn't Tranmere get promoted twice in last 3 year?

No chance. Not happening. Will find out tomorrow I guess as that is the deadline for ideas. More worried if they vote to play on. There could be some poor teams in the play offs having to play 13 games in 3 1/2 weeks which cannot be allowed to happen. Why are Sunderland kicking off by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    No chance. Not happening. Will find out tomorrow I guess as that is the deadline for ideas. More worried if they vote to play on. There could be some poor teams in the play offs having to play 13 games in 3 1/2 weeks which cannot be allowed to happen. Why are Sunderland kicking off by the way?
    Sunderland are shyte even their fans would tell you that. They wouldn't get promotion if they kept playing till this time next year.

I wonder if the FA/EFL have considered consulting Messrs Duckworth and Lewis? The D/L method seems to work well domestically and internationally for cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    As far as I can see. last season Tranmere had 3 wins 4 draws. From last 9 games.
    Wimbledon 1 win 5 draws from last 9
    Didn't Tranmere get promoted twice in last 3 year?
    The margin of error calculation is not based on the last 9 games results exactly. It's based on how those results ppg compare with the ppg for games up to that point. For example if, over the last 3 seasons your ppg over the last 9 games was possibly not great but, say 1.5 times as good as the rest of the season then Hartlepool would argue that the ppg calculation for the rest of this season should include a margin for error addition to make the ppg for the remaining games effectively 1.5 times what it has been for the games so far

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast