+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Huddersfield Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Not sure I agree. Qpr are erratic in form, long midweek trip for them, safe in mid table. If we keep the shape, keep it tight at the back (they'll be well aware of our back gate and have players to exploit that) and go for the odd goal I think we've a chance. Player I'd like to rest most is Woody but not sure we'll cope without his leadership. But we've no one to come in for him. Only suggestion is Harding as 3rd centre back and Olu and Giles as full backs?
    RP, it showed toady what Wood brings to our back line, we simply cannot rest him right up to the end of the season if need be, he's far too valuable in leadership and maybe the odd goal. Shhhhh, don't tell IBS I've posted this about Captain Wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    RP, it showed toady what Wood brings to our back line, we simply cannot rest him right up to the end of the season if need be, he's far too valuable in leadership and maybe the odd goal. Shhhhh, don't tell IBS I've posted this about Captain Wood.
    Yep, but if he plays all of Tuesday, I'm not sure what he'll be able to give on Thursday. Got to trust him to communicate with the gaffer and make the right call at the right time

Yep, but if he plays all of Tuesday, I'm not sure what he'll be able to give on Thursday. Got to trust him to communicate with the gaffer and make the right call at the right time
    Fair do's. It's just that without him we have no leadership anywhere on the pitch.

Not sure I agree. Qpr are erratic in form, long midweek trip for them, safe in mid table. If we keep the shape, keep it tight at the back (they'll be well aware of our back gate and have players to exploit that) and go for the odd goal I think we've a chance. Player I'd like to rest most is Woody but not sure we'll cope without his leadership. But we've no one to come in for him. Only suggestion is Harding as 3rd centre back and Olu and Giles as full backs?
    Good shout about Harding. He played at centre back a few weeks ago, can't remember who against, and he did really well.

It’s a real tough call this one...I think Wes can play anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I can't believe you lot. Pathetic. TS gives you a stadium so his property company can rake it in and you want to build statues to him. Warne is a tea lady in disguise and you all k*ss his rrse. This club is hopeless.
    Phrophet or perhaps even lack of profit of doom as Wednesday are destined for the drop.

At this point with team selections I think you just have to put the best team out in terms of form and fitness that you can for each game. Can't try play it too cleverly in prioritising games, obviously losing to Coventry would hurt more than QPR but you just have to put the best team out for both and try to win. Whatever team that may be. I was thinking that we didn't change it up today to keep people fresh for QPR but then again it was working in terms of our control of the game so it was probably just tactical, rightly so. Go and beat QPR and the squad bounces with momentum into Coventry game

I thought we signed Harding as a centre back, who can play full back.

Would be very reluctant to start Giles, he looks like he’s still got a bit to learn defensively and fear would be found out over 90 mins, very useful impact sub though. Actually think Trevor Clarke looks solid enough so not sure what’s going on in training that Warney doesn’t fancy him.

Injuries apart I would expect that PW and team has tentatively got team sheets for the next 3 games that maximises rest time for the players.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast