+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Couldn't make it up

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    You hate someone based on where they were born.

Had you still been involved in any way with DFC or associated groups your post would have deemed you unfit and turfed out.

Similar to a DFC ‘stalwart’ who’s no longer there.
    I've re-read my post again and for the life of me I can't see where I stated I hate anyone based on where they were born. You're trying to twist my words which is your MO when you try to make yourself sound more intelligent than you are, it doesn't work but it does make you look even less intelligent than you are.

I was found to be a perfectly suitable person despite having held my cautious opinion of English people since the early nineties.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Foundation guy loves to post **** the Tories......seems to be well in at Dens.��
    Some people think your politics are more significant in determining you as a suitable person than your financial or business history. Incredible really.

Foundation guy loves to post **** the Tories......seems to be well in at Dens.��
    In the meantime but eventually he will be dispensed with at Dens when he is no longer required.
    I am surprised that the Club or the Foundation bosses do not publish a monthly/quarterly total of the amount raised to date.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I assume you realise that you will pay tax on your RAF pension plus your state pension when you are old enough to get it.
    Oh no, I thought it was all tax free, thanks for the insight. I'll have to re-think.

I assume you realise that you will pay tax on your RAF pension plus your state pension when you are old enough to get it.
    But no national insurance, that will be a huge saving in the coming years.

Curious Islay......do you think state pension should rise by 8% under triple lock next year.?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Some people think your politics are more significant in determining you as a suitable person than your financial or business history. Incredible really.
    That is why we have a bunch of useless politicians throughout Scotland in all levels of politics.

Curious Islay......do you think state pension should rise by 8% under triple lock next year.?
    I think that the state pension should increase by 8% as since 2009 we have been getting next to nothing in interest on our savings while we have been subsidising people who have very cheap mortgages. Amazingly the banks are currently selling mortgages with an interest rate of less than 1% whilst savers are receiving interest rates of 0.01%.
    Prices in the shops are increasing in price with the RPI rate now 3.9%. The RPI rate used to be the inflation rate in the U.K. until it was replaced by the CPI rate which is always lower. Yet another fiddle by successive governments to reduce the amount of the state pension and other benefits.
    Historically pensioners have saved up for their old age and now they are getting little interest on their savings to help them survive.

If I may put in my view - no. Predictions by the Bank of England suggest that average earnings could go up by 8%, hence the equivalent rise in the state pension. This comes from the transition from furlough pay dropping out and real pay figures becoming available. It seems to me that the 8% figure should not apply. how can it be fair that the working population may have suffered reductions in income and yet pensioners had a guarantee of 2.5% minimum.

Introduced in 2011 by the coalition government, the triple lock guarantees that the basic state pension will rise by a minimum of either 2.5%, the rate of inflation or average earnings growth, whichever is largest.

This seems to me to be a very odd mechanism and I don't think it would find popular support ini today's climate.

See part of me thinks tough.....you promised them it, give them it.

And then part of me thinks of the cuts that would have to be made elsewhere and the inflation it would cause.

On Islays point 're savings most pensioners now have a much more even split between investment and savings now......investment markets have done pretty damn well over the last few years.

I think that the state pension should increase by 8% as since 2009 we have been getting next to nothing in interest on our savings while we have been subsidising people who have very cheap mortgages. Amazingly the banks are currently selling mortgages with an interest rate of less than 1% whilst savers are receiving interest rates of 0.01%.
    Prices in the shops are increasing in price with the RPI rate now 3.9%. The RPI rate used to be the inflation rate in the U.K. until it was replaced by the CPI rate which is always lower. Yet another fiddle by successive governments to reduce the amount of the state pension and other benefits.
    Historically pensioners have saved up for their old age and now they are getting little interest on their savings to help them survive.
    Seems we disagree Islay. I agree about interest rates but equally damaging was the drop in dividends paid as firms tried to shore up their balanace sheets after 2008. That's 13 years ago and still we are struggling to deal with the fall out. Quantitative Easing smoothed out the drop in values but it's gone on too long and the same trick has been used to smooth out the covid crash.

I'm sure the low mortgage rate will turn out to be a disaster for the economy with a property crash coming shortly. US Central Bank is talking about interest rate rises and where they go we will surely be affected. The trouble is that government expenditure on pensions is out of control. Final Salary schemes are almost unknown in business yet they are a major attraction in the public sector. Can't see any government trying to stop access to these schemes. In Scotland over 20% of the working population work for the Government. When you consider the medical, local government, and teaching professions there are some very powerful groups that I can't see any government wanting to alienate by changing their pension rights.

Think giving up an artificial 8% for a more realistic 4% CPI might be a better solution.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)