+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Dallas

I am also very happy with the attack and defense, but feel we have missed out again in midfield, no real ball winners, we needed two, one playing and one on the bench, same as the others i hope i'm proved wrong, i also feel playing Solihull in a friendly is a bad idea, NA will be desperate to beat us, i realize a loss teaches you where you go wrong, but a block of defeats could be a disaster before the start of a season, imo

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I've seen him play a couple of times and he is comfortable on the ball as you would expect. I wouldn't say I've noticed him as much as Palmer as he goes about his business quietly. I'm not sure he is a a physical, ball-winning type. He is more of a Doyle. My worry is that when teams play us and pack their midfield with non-league brutes, we will be bullied and outnumbered.

From what I've seen, we shall give teams a headache when we attack, but we are still way to easy to attack against.
    He said he had been brought in to play the Doyle role, so that's what we should expect.

I'm happy enough with the acquisitions and remain cautiously optimistic about the season ahead.

What concerns me a little is that I do not think we have completely fixed the issues from recent seasons in midfield, WB and central defence. I was disappointed that we retained OBrien, DKE, Brindley and Chicksen and I am not convinced that we have signed better in these areas. I think we are weak at wingback, which is a important part of this team, slow in defence and have no battlers in midfield. If that makes me a 'bedwetter' so be it.

Hope I'm wrong!
    Interesting how we all see it different.

I was really pleased we re-signed DKE, although I realise you have never liked him (I seem to think you have told us once or twice!).

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He said he had been brought in to play the Doyle role, so that's what we should expect.
    Yes absolutely. Still doesn't change my point though...we don't have a ball winner...which we have needed for ages. York cut through us like hot knife through butter.

Interesting how we all see it different.

I was really pleased we re-signed DKE, although I realise you have never liked him (I seem to think you have told us once or twice!).
    Well we shall see how effective he is in that wing back role pretty soon won't we? Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Well we shall see how effective he is in that wing back role pretty soon won't we? Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.
    I look forward to you admitting it.

Perhaps we will have a thread 'When did KC see the light about DKE'!

I look forward to you admitting it.

Perhaps we will have a thread 'When did KC see the light about DKE'!
    Haha and what have you seen in him that i am missing Mania? That he tries hard?

Jury's out on DKE for me. 50:50 could go either way.

KC have you changed your mind on Ruben yet or do you still think he hasn't got sell on potential?

I’m not sure the midfield is as much of an issue as some are thinking. We will have at worst at least 2 out of 3 of Rúben, Roberts and Wootton. This will ensure that most opposition will be thinking more about defending against those players rather than attack.

Additionally the likes of Nemane and Taylor overloading the flanks freeing up either Rúben or Roberts will also give the opposition more concern making them think more defensively. From what little we have seen from both Francis and Palmer so far I think we are in pretty safe hands there. Palmer will be the rat scurrying between the boxes giving Francis the time to pick his pass. Also both Cameron and Brindley are capable of pressing forward with the ball forcing the opposition to come inside to close them down which in turn again allows us to overload the flanks making best use of our wingbacks whilst the front three have the freedom to cause havoc Kim the final third.

It’s going to be very interesting and I really can’t wait.

Haha and what have you seen in him that i am missing Mania? That he tries hard?
    He tries hard.

Brings enthusiasm and bite, tidy on the ball, often gets into good positions and gets a good number of crosses in accurately. The fact they aren't converted into goals isn't his fault. Good header of the ball despite his height, often beating much taller players. Fearless. Noticed last season that when Brindley played there, if the ball was kicked beyond him he jogged back where DKE gives it 100% to get back.

I like him!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast