+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby tickets

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I do agree charging £30 a ticket for any match being shown live is bonkers and runs the risk of fans deciding against attending, but I’ll not be staying away. Love the atmosphere and the edginess the derby installs, and for me the absolute joy a goal against the funsters brings is unmatched bar being in a cup final.

I would have hoped though the clubs would have remembered how supporters backed their clubs throughout the pandemic and shown just a wee bit love by not fleecing them at every opportunity, sadly it’s the hope that kills ya ☹️
    Ye, good post and I agree with all of it apart from loving the edginess.......I hate it and feel much more at ease when our first goal goes in

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Chat elsewhere of us keeping The Shed for this one.
    That's right mate,Dees in both tiers of the Fair Play and all of the JK.I really hope we need the Shed but i have my doubts we will sell out 3 stands.Maybe we would have if it was Saturday at 3PM and not live on SKY.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Chat elsewhere of us keeping The Shed for this one.
    We are keeping the Shed - that’s official. What all makes this a bit sad as well surrounding the prices, is that this is the game coinciding with the unveiling of Oor Jum’s statue - which should be a cause and a day for celebration and remembrance. Not for bickering over ticket prices. The Club could have taken this into account and reflected it with perhaps a ‘one off’ reduction for this one match and encouraged fans to come along and remember him appropriately given we couldn’t do it properly last season. It’s highly regretful that they’ve not done this.

No having a go at anyone here but is this the first time in our history that admission has been £30?,have we paid that before for a european tie perhaps?,i honestly cannie remember.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Whilst I agree that £30 is over the top (£25 may have been more sensible IMO), I don’t agree with the adage that if you make it £15 then you’ll get x’000s more attending as it’s cheaper and therefore the Club will make more money. That just doesn’t happen- we have a core support who turn up regardless and then another few thousand on top who will attend the occasional game regardless of cost. Making it ultra cheap does not guarantee big crowds.
    I dont agree, i know of 6 adults and 3 kids who are not going based on those prices, all (apart from 2 adults) previously had season tickets but for a variety of reasons did not renew..... all absolutely would have went to the derby at a decent price, none going now. You don't need to make it as cheap as £15 but you still have to find a balance between treating your fans well, encouraging as many to go as possible whilst making money and what makes sense for the situation and our current situation is we have a squad of players who are not worth paying 30 quid to watch along with the fact that the game is on a sunday lunch time and on tv. £30 is the type of thing you do when the team is on a great run, fans are happy, players are good to watch and its not on tv or its a major game like a cup quarters/semi/final but paying £30 to watch a team whos best attacking player atm is peter pawlett........ no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    No having a go at anyone here but is this the first time in our history that admission has been £30?,have we paid that before for a european tie perhaps?,i honestly cannie remember.
    Certainly for the cheapest ticket GB I would imagine. As an ST holder I generally don’t pay too much attention to PATG prices. What were they in the last season in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    I dont agree, i know of 6 adults and 3 kids who are not going based on those prices, all (apart from 2 adults) previously had season tickets but for a variety of reasons did not renew..... all absolutely would have went to the derby at a decent price, none going now. You don't need to make it as cheap as £15 but you still have to find a balance between treating your fans well, encouraging as many to go as possible whilst making money and what makes sense for the situation and our current situation is we have a squad of players who are not worth paying 30 quid to watch along with the fact that the game is on a sunday lunch time and on tv. £30 is the type of thing you do when the team is on a great run, fans are happy, players are good to watch and its not on tv or its a major game like a cup quarters/semi/final but paying £30 to watch a team whos best attacking player atm is peter pawlett........ no thanks
    I remember we reduced prices for the ICT quarter final at home a couple of seasons back and kept the Shed and that wasn’t exactly a sell out. Same for the Hibs Cup game in 2020 as well. I’m not disagreeing that I think £30 is OTT - it is - but you can actually look back at certain games with hard evidence that reducing prices significantly does not guarantee big sell out crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I remember we reduced prices for the ICT quarter final at home a couple of seasons back and kept the Shed and that wasn’t exactly a sell out. Same for the Hibs Cup game in 2020 as well. I’m not disagreeing that I think £30 is OTT - it is - but you can actually look back at certain games with hard evidence that reducing prices significantly does not guarantee big sell out crowds.
    my problem is not trying to attract an extra few k on top of the core by reducing to 15 quid, my issue is we are starting to turn way the so called core support who turn up regardless (without ST's)... we are now getting in to the territory of reducing our core support imho.

That's alarming that in one post nine Arabs are not attending the Derby due to the pricing.If that is the general consensus amon gst the PATGaters we are in big FN trouble.

my problem is not trying to attract an extra few k on top of the core by reducing to 15 quid, my issue is we are starting to turn way the so called core support who turn up regardless (without ST's)... we are now getting in to the territory of reducing our core support imho.
    I understand where you’re coming from. ST numbers and crowds were remarkably well maintained through the banter years from relegation to all those seasons in the league of Fun culminating in fantastic ST sales last season when we knew the Club needed supported and particularly that we weren’t going to get in the ground any time soon. I suspect what’s especially hacking people off is that this episode is a culmination on top of the way last season’s ST ‘credit refund’ was handled, the falling out with DUSF, the total lack of communication from the Club, the MM/Tam Courts saga and now this. Engagement with the fan base was a real strong point in the early days of the Ogren era but possibly due to lack of hands on engagement due to Covid travel restrictions and, I suspect, the departure of Mel Branigan, this has faltered somewhat latterly.

As a side point, with regard to the ticketing prices, I suspect that the long game is that they are trying to upsell future ST sales by making them look like a much more cost effective option against PATG prices for supporters. Whether that works or not we shall find out soon enough I guess…………….

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)