+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 📝 New Manager [Luke Williams Appointed]

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Seems a bit of a 180 from Burchnall to Nolan. Nolan lives in the area and there was a football match on, nothing more too it than that in my opinion
    I hope you're right because Nolan is the huge reason we are in this league imo. Plus i don't fancy seeing Notts players getting p!ssed on a Friday night again...

I'd be more shocked than I was when Steve Thompson returned if it was Nolan, given how these owners operate.

I could be easily persuaded that Nolan would do well at this level with the additional experience he's had at West Ham, but can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The Trust would have got government support to make it through lockdown measures like everybody else.
    List the clubs whose owners didn't get them through that period. This is not something we need to be thanking the owners for.

If the Trust had taken over post Munto and Hardy, rather than Scardino and administration. then they would have had better crowds than they did to fall back on. This is not to say I thought the Trust was a good thing, it wasn't, hence the comparison with the current regime. Being sustainable is a euphemism for owners not willing or not being able to put much of their own money in.
    We got short changed on the government support as the model was totally flawed and the owners picked up the tab as they also saved us from going bust, so I am happy to thank them for that alone. We haven’t got a squad on peanuts here, we signed Matty Palmer from L1, we have some players I expect on very decent wages. They’ve literally put millions in, we’ve seen the books, sustainable in football terms means live somewhere near your means, haven’t we learnt anything the last 25 odd years? We have a club that can generate decent crowd income and with sensible investment and leadership should lead to success, but it takes time and hopefully they get it right.

There is no one lined up yet. Funnily enough we are currently being commissioned (Analysts Bar) by a football management company to produce a manager profiling model and report for the lower leagues so seen lots of interesting options. Also, there are a number of overseas managers who are 'ex-pats' that might fit the bill. Unfortunately we can't share any of our work or findings until it's been published.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As long as they stay in L1, then his job will be done. Strange as it may seem, he'll prob be under a lot less pressure at FGR.
    Is that because they've only got 2500 fans to give him a hard time whilst he had 5000+ on his back at Meadow Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Big Sol
    Well he was a better manager than Ardley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We've basically got the Trust model, but with fans not having any say.
    To be fair, the Trust probably would have done half decent in tier 4 on crowds of 6.8k.
    The trust model without the ground falling apart

I would absolutely like a Sean Dytch type character bringing steal to our midfield, nous to our defence but with some flair going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    I would absolutely like a Sean Dytch type character bringing steal to our midfield, nous to our defence but with some flair going forward.
    That's one hell of a player you want us to sign!

How much coincidence is it that Stuart Pearce, aka PYSCHO, has left West Ham to pursue other opportunities and challenges?

Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast