+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Where will we finish?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Where will we finish 2022/23?

I said 6th. So a long-shot, puncher's chance in the play-offs
    I think the league is getting stronger but we're standing pat.

We've lost too much creativity in Sam and Roberts. Although Langstaff should be a massive upgrade on Wootton as the main beneficiary of Ruben's creativity.
    Lose Ruben and we'll sink deep into the pack.

Of the 3 NL seasons, the 1st was the closest we've got to going up. That was playing a back four
    The last 2 have been the same. I go on about this too much and will give it up for a while, but going to a back 3 has meant leaving the flanks to 1 player. So that better be a bloody good one cos wide play is half the pitch/match you could argue. But for long stretches of the season, we've seen the entire right-side left to Kelly-Evans and the entire left to Chicksen. This disconnect between recruitment and coaching and neglect of these crucial areas in a 3-5-2 goes a long way to explaining our failure to threaten the top IMO. And I don't see any difference this season, I can see LW becoming a tinkerman thru necessity. And will ditch the system that we've never been able to recruit for.
    With not much threat out wide, all teams have to do is mark Ruben out the game.

Hopefully, our overall quality will keep us in the play-off mix. And I'm sure we'll get the 3pts tomorrow to kick-start the campaign

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;40080860]As the title suggests, this is a prediction thread as to where you think we will finish this season. Your vote will only be registered if you click on one of the options. You can either vote anonymously or make your prediction public and give your reasons on the thread, entirely up to you. Always good to look back on at the end of the season.

7th

AC I think you are way off with your comments about our wing backs. DKE is long gone and I think we have plenty of creativity going forward down the wings, not that I think these will be our main attacking threat as we have narrowed the width of our pitch, plus I think our failings from last year were not the wing backs but more central defensive frailties, which have hopefully been redressed and some woeful finishing, also hopefully redressed too. We shall see anyway COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    AC I think you are way off with your comments about our wing backs. DKE is long gone and I think we have plenty of creativity going forward down the wings, not that I think these will be our main attacking threat as we have narrowed the width of our pitch, plus I think our failings from last year were not the wing backs but more central defensive frailties, which have hopefully been redressed and some woeful finishing, also hopefully redressed too. We shall see anyway COYP
    I've always wanted us to ditch it because I've never thought we had the players (apart from at the beginning maybe when Miller and Enzio got it off to a good start).

Goals/assists provided by wing-backs last season? - the raw stats can tell you all you need to know.
    Our overall goal threat was taken care of by Ruben, Cal, Wootton and Eli. But in those 10 league games we lost and the 10 games we drew, I'd say our sub-standard wide play was a massive reason for dropping points.

This season? Let's check-in in a couple of months

(You're right about centre-defence tho, and then there's the mental frailty - that'll need to be much better this season as well)

So only 11.11% got it right. I was one place away, but the 'Mystic Meg' award goes to ancientpie:

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Gone with an optimistic 2nd, as much as I would to see Wrexham & their cocky fans fail miserably I struggle to see beyond them to win it, other than that I think the league looks weaker this season.
    How did you do?

I have been to sleep since then, I suspect I went for 3rd... but could of gone for 2nd.

No idea but definitely Top 7, and definitely not 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    6th

* Poor midfield
    * High press still causing us problems
    * Defensive frailties

* Should have enough fire power to blow away the weaker teams and have a good enough home record to make the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see a carbon copy of last season actually.
    Jeez, I was miles off. LW has done amazingly well.

Hi Guys. Just dropped by to wish you well in the play offs.
    If there is any justice in the footballing world you will win the play offs easily.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    No idea but definitely Top 7, and definitely not 1st.
    The very definition of 'a fence sitter'.

Sorry Swale, couldn't resist!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast