+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Rams v Addicks

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol!

Black pudding...yes! Trotters and tripe....never in a million years, GP...although my mum used to make brawn (basically jellied sheep’s brain) but I drew the line at that too.
    I always thought brawn was pigs head, but perhaps that was just a southern variety. Never been a great fan of animal insides, although like kidneys asking as I ignore all the piss that's been through them.

Where do you stand on testicles, Mac? Our dogs used to love them still warm as they were removed from the pigs, but the pig castrator was more circumspect - he pocketed several of them to be pan fried in butter that evening....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I always thought brawn was pigs head, but perhaps that was just a southern variety. Never been a great fan of animal insides, although like kidneys asking as I ignore all the piss that's been through them.

Where do you stand on testicles, Mac? Our dogs used to love them still warm as they were removed from the pigs, but the pig castrator was more circumspect - he pocketed several of them to be pan fried in butter that evening....
    Yes...I think you’re right...anyway, pig or sheep brains, I wasn’t eating them...or testicles!
    Silly really, cos I’m quite partial to liver and bacon, steak and kidney and chicken liver pate...draw the line (again) at heart though.
    How did we get here on a Rams v Charlton thread?

Via haddock and trotters I surmise

How did we get here on a Rams v Charlton thread?
    It seemed to begin with haddock and how it became *******ised into Charlton's nickname and then other nicknames were enquired about and, just like a conversation in a pub over a pint or three, it evolved into something culinaire.

Yes...I think you’re right...anyway, pig or sheep brains, I wasn’t eating them...or testicles!
    Have you never eaten a sausage?

Where do you stand on testicles, Mac?
    I've never stood on any as far as I know!! 😇

I'll eat owt me except probably eyes, don't fancy something that's watching me eat it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Have you never eaten a sausage?
    Mind over matter, AF...I’m aware that they may be crammed with brains, testicles and God knows what...even eyes!! But I can’t see or identify the damned things and quality sausages are a wonderful thing.
    Like mac...my dad used to love tripe and onions. Each to their own but it was never for me.

Brawn. You'd think that would be from muscles thinking of the other meaning of the word.

Savoury ducks, a delight that wouldn't pass the swear filter if we used it's other name.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Brawn. You'd think that would be from muscles thinking of the other meaning of the word.

Savoury ducks, a delight that wouldn't pass the swear filter if we used it's other name.
    Yes, another example of linguistic appropriation as we can no longer use the word to describe bundles of wood either

Yes, another example of linguistic appropriation as we can no longer use the word to describe bundles of wood either
    Since when? Brains faggots still on sale in my Tesco and round here bundles of wood are still know as faggots. I thought you'd be more are than to believe the myths perpetuated by right wing ****ers!!

Seriously though its that kind of ill informed casual comment, that leads to this phoney idea that one can no longer use old phrases or that the so called PC police are stopping people saying them. Language as we know develops over time, always has and always will, certain phrases become unacceptable in polite society and moaning about this merely reveals one to be someone who doesn't move on, most of the time its not that big a deal.
    Last edited by swaledale; 22-02-2023 at 09:54 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)