+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Scotland Vs England.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    Let’s just get Southgate out, after all he continues to get results that matter but he’d be better gone.

Nane me a manager whose lead England to anything like Gareth Southgate has since 1966.

Sir Bobby apart as that will never be matched Italian 90.

I’ll wait.
    That's the problem.
    It's all very well saying Southgate should go but who do people think could realistically replace him and do a better job?
    I stress that the word is "realistically" so no chance of Pep getting the gig.

Nane me a manager whose lead England to anything like Gareth Southgate has since 1966.

I’ll wait.
    I can name you a long list of managers who haven't!

Problem with Southgate he hasn't got that something extra that sets him apart to get the backing of most England supporters. It's not what you win it's how you win it.

It's "stick or twist" and the FA have stuck, probably because of his woke credentials but I think it's a mistake, we'll see.

Let’s just get Southgate out, after all he continues to get results that matter but he’d be better gone.

I’ll wait.

Every "result" he's needed he's failed to deliver. What he did against Italy was u forgiveable.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Every "result" he's needed he's failed to deliver. What he did against Italy was u forgiveable.
    Totally agree. All that speed and agility of youth to take Italy to the sword and he bottled it. How he never brought on Grealish to rip them apart only he can lives with that failure........hang on we have had to also.

Gunn won’t be happy with them sloppy goals

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    This group of players and the lads coming up deserve a manager that wants to let them play their natural game and bases his football on the attacking side. Souness summed it up after the game when he said that Southgate is a defender and thinks about staying in the game first and then trying to score, we should be making the opposition worry about us. Southgate is doing a good job in getting us to the latter stages of tournaments and that shouldn't be underestimated, however he isn't a winner, his approach to two semi-finals and the final (at wembley) were very poor, he comes across as scared to go for it. He is very politically savy, in a woke world he has to be, whether he believes all the crap they have to do or say, I have no idea but he is very good at it. What a sad world we live in when that is such an important part of the national coaches job.
    Regarding the team, bellingham is something special, the team needs to be built around that lad, his move to Real Madrid was inspired. Foden is absolute class, his first touch is wonderful, he is that good people do not realise how hard it is to do what he does, he will only get better and he can play anywhere across the front. We have quality in depth and competition for places, i am not sure Southgate makes the most of his options. Phillips isn't playing for Man city but he looked good yesterday, he should have got himself a move in the summer, perhaps newcastle would be a good place for him. Maguire, I feel for him, his greed over the summer means he is stuck as a manchester Utd reserve, he doesn't look the same player he did a few years ago and I also think the court case is weighing heavy on him, Southgate isn't helping him by keep picking him. I think if we were to change managers i would like to see Steve Cooper with this group, he won with a lot of these players and his teams are more attack minded, not saying we should change though, lets see if Southgate can actually win in Germany first.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    This group of players and the lads coming up deserve a manager that wants to let them play their natural game and bases his football on the attacking side. Souness summed it up after the game when he said that Southgate is a defender and thinks about staying in the game first and then trying to score, we should be making the opposition worry about us. Southgate is doing a good job in getting us to the latter stages of tournaments and that shouldn't be underestimated, however he isn't a winner, his approach to two semi-finals and the final (at wembley) were very poor, he comes across as scared to go for it. He is very politically savy, in a woke world he has to be, whether he believes all the crap they have to do or say, I have no idea but he is very good at it. What a sad world we live in when that is such an important part of the national coaches job.
    Regarding the team, bellingham is something special, the team needs to be built around that lad, his move to Real Madrid was inspired. Foden is absolute class, his first touch is wonderful, he is that good people do not realise how hard it is to do what he does, he will only get better and he can play anywhere across the front. We have quality in depth and competition for places, i am not sure Southgate makes the most of his options. Phillips isn't playing for Man city but he looked good yesterday, he should have got himself a move in the summer, perhaps newcastle would be a good place for him. Maguire, I feel for him, his greed over the summer means he is stuck as a manchester Utd reserve, he doesn't look the same player he did a few years ago and I also think the court case is weighing heavy on him, Southgate isn't helping him by keep picking him. I think if we were to change managers i would like to see Steve Cooper with this group, he won with a lot of these players and his teams are more attack minded, not saying we should change though, lets see if Southgate can actually win in Germany first.
    Agree with most of that and Steve Cooper isn't a bad shout.
    Someone else who I think would fit the profile for the job is Eddie Howe.

Personally enjoyed watching a goalkeeper who can actually pass to his own team. The sooner the scales of Pickford and Muguire fall from Southgate's eyes the better.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast